Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Terrible To Ride On

On the twenty-first of March I left work and rode to MV and caught a train.  My Long Beach friend and I discussed how to get to his sister’s house in Alameda.  His sister is a fitness program manager.  I took BART to 12th and rode my bike through the Posey tube.  At Starbucks I checked the map and rode to Central and a bit more.  The fitness manger’s building was a bit confusing but my Long Beach friend found me and I locked my bike up in the garage.  There was a new puppy was in the car out front.  We went to the gym where we found her boyfriend.  Then we went to the brewery near St. George’s.  They hung out with friends and my friend and I talked for a while about Long Beach.

We went back to my bike after that.  They invited me to their BBQ.  My Long Beach friend and I rode to Alameda town and I had a slice of Pizza.  We had some drinks and crowd watched at Lucky 13 and eventually talked to some random people.  After leaving my friend I learned that the Park Street bridge is terrible to ride on.  I boarded a train at Fruitvale at 1145.

I left my bike downtown and caught an N.  The train discontinued at Fillmore and I had to take a bus.  I woke up at the beach and had a hard walk home.

On the morning of the day that I wrote this I learned at 820 that another friend of mine had gone to Marin and then she texted me to say she wanted to meet me at Andytown.  I locked up while she was in line.  We made small talk and the pastries were good.  I noted that her bike ride had been difficult for her.  We had three coffees between us—one was a mocha.

We walked and rode to the beach where we sat on a sheet.  We noticed Point Reyes in the distance and I talked about the place.  She noted that Pidgeon Point had no vacancies until June.  I left her then but noted that we would meet at the Castro later.  That was around when I discovered that my bike seat didn’t work so went to Swell and had the post replaced.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment