Thursday, April 23, 2015

Central a Flyer

On April twelfth I wrote that I finished writing and walked to my friend's house. We walked to the Japanese place on Market and Pearl and had Ramen. We started talking about the ride and I told her I “did everything” three times and I noted that this felt like I was being a bit too grandiose. I noted that I supposed that it didn't really matter because she understood.

She pointed out a shop next door that she said had contained a design operation but had become a gym. She explained what she saw and wondered why and I told her how I would go about answering that question on the walk to Thieves.  We sat and continued the conversation over whisky. She told me about pursuing her interests in cycling and or tango. I talked about re-inscribing my thoughts and how the process had only caused my desires to become more attainable.  There was a lot more to our discussion but eventually we gave up at trying to close the bar.  We were exhausted from the ride and other efforts.  I was were asleep by around 1145.

In the morning of the day I wrote this I actually woke at 5 but went back to sleep. I left at 10 with the red rental bike and headed to Central. I spent about an hour there writing and twittering etc.  Later I noted that I had noticed on the window at Central a flyer about the 21 Hayes that said the bus stops were being eliminated so as to cancel the bus route. I checked with Hoodline about it on Twitter and they said that only a couple of stops were in the process of elimination. I noted that I thought the flyer was wrong but I also noted that there was no organization attributed to the flyer. I decided that it was the liquor store, cafe and laundromat that had made the flyer.

On the way out the proprietor and some ladies told me they thought the bike was cute and I agreed but said that it wasn't mine and that my friend's bike had been stolen. I rode the park fast and passed a bunch of people on JFK. The mechanics at Swell were surprised that I was riding it. I told them about the back story and that we had gone to Bike Party. I said that the pedal had come off and they were mortified.  They offered me a discount.

I walked home and started typing at noon. By the time I had begun the next step mom and dad were home. I interacted with them and returned to typing. I was alone for a while and eventually got to the stuff I had written the day before. I looked through my notes from the ride too.

During this time my friend was returning from Sonoma and mom told me she was going to something in the Inner Sunset. I had to give up on typing because we were meeting.  A twitter friend asked me for a friend's email around then. I got on the 71 and started writing in the notebook. I noted that the bus was soon to be called the 7. Some cops got on one was a rookie and the other was a woman.

I wrote that I started writing at my friend's because she wasn't in yet. When she showed up she and her roommates and I went to Four Barrel and got another person. Then we went to Urban Putt. We met a girl there and my friend asked what I wanted to eat.  We sat and had food and drink and then we played mini golf.  All the holes were mechanical.

We went to the phone booth and had a drink and then we walked home.  Later I discovered that I had left my card at Urban Putt.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment