Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Nicholson Character

On the twenty-second of March I noted that I rode to 15th and Market and my buddy was waiting at Hecho. She had already ordered food and was eating. I sort of ate all of the food I ordered so had to order more. We had a drink and talked about the coming evening. We were on our way to the Castro Theater. However, I cut out for a bit because I had to lock my bike up off. I stopped at a bank on the way.

At the theater she had sent a message saying to get some beverages beforehand but she met me at the door we got drinks inside instead. When her coworker came in she knocked some of her drink on my jacket. The show, Witches of East Bay, was set in Walnut Creek and the guy that did the Nicholson Character was great. I have come to think that Peaches Christ is simply an MC or Journalist.

We went to the Lookout where we danced for a bit. We eventually went looking for another club. We decided on the Elbo room and used Lyft. The music at the Elbo was really good and I had heard the DJ in Oakland. It was R&B and Motown. We checked our coats and then got into it. I went to the bar and lost the girls at some point. We had a hard time after this because we wanted to get into the dance floor but my buddy had hurt her ankle.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I discovered that the alarm had not taken. I also found out as I was heading to the Ferry Building that my buddy had really hurt her ankle. I didn’t have time to dwell on the news though because I was rushing to the Embarcadero. I was on the F line and two kids got kicked off the train. At Embarcadero I got my bike from the bike station, went to Peet’s and got a paper. I made the boat just fine.

I rode to the park and went found the BBQ. I got to know my Long Beach friend’s circle and spoke to him for a while. Then I discovered that I only had a little bit of time so said bye and got going. I rode quickly to the boat and called the bike shop. I had to get the Crosscheck tuned up since it was brand new. I transferred to BART and at 16th I ran out of time but knew I would make it. I dropped my bike off there with special instructions.

I called my buddy at that point and started walking over to her house. I thought on the way that I would buy her a house warming present but decided that she wouldn’t appreciate it. When I got there I sat with her and her roommate. My buddy had her foot elevated with a bag of frozen peas. We spent a few hours watching episodes of Law and Order.

When they finished their Chinese food I bid them adieu and asked her to rest her foot. I knew that her family was going to be in town. I rode to 9th and had a sandwich at Social Brewery and when I emerged it was raining. I fell off of my bike on the rails and scraped my knee. I also got really wet on the ride home.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment