Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Making Eggs for Easter

On the fourth of April I wrote that I had to give up the day before at 430, got the bike and headed to MV.  At Ellis some Porsche buzzed me.  I need to wait at back of the line at the onramp crossing.  That way I am less likely to be followed by a lot of cars.  I noted that at MV the train wasn’t packed.  I called the print shop and decided that I need to go home.  All the new tricks worked.  I noted that I didn’t like the Ocean at JS turn.

At home I was really late.  My older sister said dinner was done but I was printing out flyers when I finally made it upstairs and everyone was finished.  I apologized to everyone and when I finished eating I printed out a few more flyers.  Dad told me that people would be around.  Though the wind was at my back I had to keep my cadence the ride took a half an hour.

There were people there when I arrived.  I found some stickers to keep my bunny ears on.  The ride left 15 minutes later.  We went up Columbus and Grant to the Square and down Stockton and on to Aquatic Park.  The ears were constantly buffeted by the wind.  I asked my buddy about his new apartment.  He said he was moving in in a few weeks.  I noted that he needed a roommate and told him that I would jump at the opportunity but the time wasn’t right.

I parked with a ride leader and looked around.  There were a lot of new people but there weren’t a lot of people there.  I met a new guy from Bakersfield.  A couple of ride leaders walked up and introduced themselves and I introduced them to my buddy.  I talked to a butter lap person about a mutual friend and noted that a lady that was running for mayor.

We rode to Fort Point and back to the Wave Organ.  I saw Ian and on the way I spoke to a bunch of music box people.  There was also a guy from East Bay Bike Party.  My buddy likely left right around then.  I walked to the organ and handed out flyers and returned to talk to my shoe salesman friend and then went over to the music.  I interacted with a lot of people.  I spoke to the ride leaders as I was leaving.  I handed out about 35 flyers.

I climbed up Presidio Bl to Laurel Heights.  I took 2nd and Overlook home.  No one had arrived and in the night.  I had to send a message to my sister about her interior light.

On the morning of the day that I wrote this I was really tired and slept funny.  The alarm went off even though I had never set one.  I was up at 8 and my sister had replied had sent me a message.  I went upstairs and mom was making eggs for Easter.  I had a meal and the family hung out at the table with me.  My friend said she was still in Sonoma and that her mom was taking her to the city.

I sent her some messages.  I also discovered that a professor had emailed.  I sent him a message.  I started downloading Express and also rebuilt my contacts on my phone.

Later I wrote that I had told my friend that I didn’t want to make any plans until the professor and I had set a meeting.  I made a sandwich for mom and sat with her eating toast complaining about my life.  I was writing when the professor and I agreed to meet at West Portal the next day.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment