Tuesday, April 7, 2015

At 585 and Change

On March twenty-ninth I wrote that I had woken up the day before remembering that my friend had sent me a message in the middle of the night.  She had only just gotten coverage and looking at twitter revealed that raccoons had been keeping her up.  I had replied that I was in bed and fell back asleep.

It was early when I got out of bed and I was at Java Beach until around 10.  When I started home I discovered the bike had been covered with grime from the steam cleaner I had seen an hour earlier.  It was then that I remembered that I had wanted to drop the Trucker off at Swell.

I went home and settled into the house.  Mom and dad were going to leave in a bit.  I noted to mom that it was eleven and that she should get out of bed.  She said that she had had breakfast and was resting.  Dad told me to stop bothering her.  I went down to the room for a while and I am pretty sure they were out when I came back.

I remember thinking that I had not made any plans for the night around then.  I rode the Trucker to Swell and came back home.  I noted that one of the mechanics seemed to be interested in helping.  I walked home.  The walk is tedious because it isn’t far enough to take the bus or train.  I was home for only a bit before I let some air into the room and rode the Crosscheck to Golden Gate Park.

The other mechanic called in the middle of this about the bike and this was when I realized that they probably didn’t want to clean my bike.  I suppose that an LCI can’t be right about everything.  It seems that he would only just know a lot of people.

At 2nd I climbed to Clay and went to Fillmore.  I sat at Peet’s for a while tweeting.  I harangued Bicycling Magazine and noted to my followers that I was likely going to raise Strava’s ire.

I went to La Med and read a copy of the Marina Times I had found at the book store.  At some point in my life the waitresses had all become younger than me.  I liked an article and sent a tweet to another.  I had to go to Peet’s to fix it though.  I rode to the Broadway Tunnel then.

I talked to Al’s about cloning my North Face jacket at 585 and change.  I also noted that pants would be around 200.  I then went to Shein and Shein and looked at maps for a while.  The girl at the counter was nice but not especially interesting.  I then went to Visuvio where I bought a book from the bartender and talked to some guy about the city’s salons.  His daughter worked at Supercuts in Hawaii.

I took Columbus then to Howard and went to Willows.  I had heard at Sycamore that I could get a larger version of their sliders there.  I talked to the GM there.  Later I went to the Uptown and sat next to the regulars.  Shift change brought a new bartender and I gave her the book.  She had seen the book before.  I asked her to give it to favorite bartender there.  He had sent me a message saying he was sick.  I sent messages to a few people and saw a regular I like on the way out.  I also saw a few people I knew in the wiggle on the on the way home.  I interacted with my friend a bit before bed.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up around nine and went to Java Beach at around 930.  I was there till about noon and when I got home I had some food and talked to dad.  I had to take a nap and interacted with the bike shop.  I got up a bit later and filled out my 540.  Later I noted that dad had said that dinner was at 730.  I had heard that a guy I knew wanted to visit Boozeland but later on the way to Swell I decided to go back home.  I finished the 540.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment