Sunday, April 5, 2015

A Second Helping

On March twenty-fifth, I wrote that I on the way to MV I thought a train was coming so passed through the NASA stop, came into conflict with traffic at the freeway ramps and made a mistake on National.

After the Mib>DC transfer I rode through JS to Ocean and the 19th crossings went smooth but were still dangerous.  The ramps on JS need to be hardened but permeable so cars can’t cross them.  A contra flow is a serious problem because it would be the only way to go but not desirable.  I noted the sidewalks would have to be improved into actual tracks.  I dismounted at Sloat and 19th to make certain a driver knew he was following too close.

At home I spent too much time tweeting but I had found a lot of good stuff.  I went on with my NA and interacted with the tweeters and bloggers.  Dinner was soup but I had a second helping.  Dad had wanted to talk about the downed Lufthansa flight but I was dour.

Later I was doing my taxes and my friend sent me a bunch of messages.  She was really chatty and confirmed our plans.  I discovered that my return might be much higher than I had suspected.  I was excited all the way until I got into bed.

I noted that I was up at 550 and rushed to Judah but then missed the early CT anyway.  I got coffee and a paper and caught the next train ten minutes later.  At MV I discovered the TVA wouldn’t have gotten me to work any faster.  My transit trip may only take 210.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment