Saturday, March 7, 2015

We Went to Cukoo

On the twenty-first of February I wrote that I had been typing when I started playing with mom’s photo scanner but it wasn’t working the best so I gave it back.  I had ripped a lot of discs all day.  I discovered that it was cold out so put on a layer.  On Irving my friend called to say SLO is a great place.  I went to Park Chow but there wasn’t anything I wanted so I went to Gordo.  I caught the 44 to my buddy’s place in St Mary’s.  We went to the bar with the same name.

I told him that I started my new job in a few days and then I went into the details about the people that my buddy introduced me to and recognized one of the companies.  We went to Cukoo and had some beers.  I talked about my ideas and noted that he seemed tired of his job but he had had trouble finding anything new.  He tried doing piece work for startups but startups tend to fail.  He wasn’t very happy with his apartment.  He suggested I simply make a bunch of sample postcard books and travel with them.  I thought that was a good idea but he insisted that I forma non-profit in order to collect donations.  Someone broke a glass and then the girls next to us left.  We said bye and I took the bike up 25th to Grand View and Clipper.  I got home around one.

I was up at 930 and went to Java Beach.  My friend and I messaged each other all morning about SLO—she apparently went for a walk.  She apparently thought the news of a fire in her neighborhood meant her house had burned down but it turned out it was not true.  I went home when I was done and went through my file boxes.  Mom and dad went to dinner with my sister.  I got a lot of messages about the mystery ride but knew that it would be difficult to go.  I went looking for something to eat.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment