Tuesday, March 3, 2015

At The Juri Commons

On the sixteenth of February I wrote that I was supposed to see some friends at the dance party.  I asked the parents about their night out and then headed to the N Judah.  I had to get my bike from the station.  There were a lot of party people on the train.  I tagged and then got the bike and rode it to my friend’s.  I noted that I had done so too quickly.

She was made up nice to go dancing with the ladies.  Her roommate needed some help so we agreed to stay behind and meet at the store.  The roommate arrived in a moment and I grabbed the salad that my friend had forgotten.  We then walked to Hayes Valley to meet the rest of the group—some of them knew each other from high school.

Our hostess offered us drinks and pizza.  I had the delicious salad.  They talked about lady machinists and Peaches Christ.  We then went to the DNA lounge and bought some drinks.  While exploring we checked the back rooms and lingered in the front one upstairs.  My friend had to do the Charleston with some lady and the DJ.  I always have a hard time dancing the Charleston.  We returned to the main room and met more friends.  We went upstairs two more times and I remember getting lost.  We did more swing dances.  I think we had a drink and the room downstairs was even crazier later.

After a bit my friend and I said goodbye and we left.  Later I did this funny thing where I tried to write down my thoughts and memories.  I discovered that my writing was rather illegible after so many drinks.  I tried again and had a better result but became distracted and gave up.

I noted that in the morning I was up at around 930.  My friend and I made plans to meet at Four Barrel.  She had invited an engineering friend and when she arrived with her husband I discovered he was a GIS guy.  We rode up 15th and over on Sanchez.  At Duboce she asked us to meet her doctor friend to come by later.  The husband and I got to know each other as we climbed the Wiggle.  I told him about my dilemma over choosing between recruitments.  He seemed to imply that one was preferred over the other.

In the Panhandle we had to ride single file to Shrader.  My friend was impressed with herself on that.  I noted that the ladies were planning on doing a metric century.  In GGP the cones I had placed the day before were still there.  I shared the story.  We passed the ladies at the bridge and raced to the bottom at the beach and we all stood around talking.

I was thirsty so on the way back we stopped at the archery turn off to get water.  I raced my friend back to the bridge and near Stow Lake we said by to the others.  Then we stopped at the Lindy in the Park spot and danced a little.  We also rested a bit and made plans to get a bag of stuff from our host at the dance club the night before.

We took Central to McAlester and then Laguna to Linden.  Our erstwhile hostess had bought us bottles of water to drink.  We sat and had coffee while talking about the night before.  I directed a man with images of graffiti to talk to the artists at the Uptown on 17th.  My friend and I said bye and rode Franklin to Otis.  After that I was stunned at how easy it was to take 13th and Folsom all the way to Carolyn’s the home of her engineer friend.

There was a couple, one was a lawyer and the other a doctor and their two children, a 3 year old and a one year old, at the house when we arrived.  They were making pizza with Lavash bread—very novel.  I discovered that the husband—the GIS guy—knew Burrito Justice.  Later I got to know the kids a bit better.  We had pudding later and I was able to talk to the GIS guy for a while after he was done cooking.  He told me about his radio show and I told him about my music preferences.  My friend and I started cleaning up when the third couple left with their children.  The rest of us chatted about Trike-O-Rama, the Gatsby Picnic and future bike rides.

My friend and I rode up Folsom to 15th and hung out with her roommates for about an hour.  I learned that one of them had a master’s in drama and had lived in Nepal for four years.  I told her that her monologues are like stand up and that she needed an audience.

In time my friend and I walked up to Church Street and had a drink at the residence.  The bartender was getting married.  We then caught a J to Glen Park and walked to Le Petit Laurent, where we each had the Prix Fixe.  Some couple paid my friend a compliment and later I noted that the whole incident seemed a bit creepy.  The dessert was pretty good.

We took Chenery back and when we discovered the J was going to take a while we decided to walk and explore the Mission.  we talked about our parents and we looked at the Juri Commons.  We stopped at the Latin American Club and hung out alone in the back.  We then walked past that one residential park-let on Valencia and I talked about Geography.  We didn’t enjoy walking on some of Valencia.  I was in bed around midnight.

I noted that the day I wrote this I was up around 6 and I met a friend at Four Barrel.  There I told her about my dream from the night before.  I was home learning about my mother’s health problems and sat at the counter in the living room.  I noted that the room had been rearranged by the new cleaning lady and I could see that the mahogany desk had been moved to my parent’s room.  Meanwhile, a lady saw me looking at a periodical and told me that she could answer any questions.  I secretly laughed at her because my parents owned the brokerage.

I noted too that the lady was clearly more than a broker since the counter seemed to be a proper bar.  In fact, as I peered into the dining room, I noticed that it looked to be fully stocked and open to the public.  I went outside and saw two men near the back of the building physically assaulting two to three little children and noted that the area resembled a carnival.  I went to the ticket area and retraced my steps taking care keep the men with in view.  They would periodically beat the children and then move to a new location and I felt that they were slowly wising up to the fact that I was watching them.

When we were finished drinking coffee I rode the Wiggle home.  On the way I noted that the cones at Arguello and JFK.  Were still there and that I only had to right them.  Later I noted that I did some writing at home and went to Java Beach where I watched the fog roll in.  An hour later I noted that dad’s truck was in the driveway—my younger brother was in town for a reception.  I did some typing then and later I noted that I would have to post and then look for bits of work I wanted to circulate.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment