Wednesday, March 18, 2015

About his Chrome Dahon

I wrote that I quit the office and rode to MV.  I had another moment neat Ellis again.  I have to look at this set of intersections more seriously.  At CalTrain I boarded and interacted with a lady I knew who was caring for her nephew.  I took BART to Civic and went to the print shop at which I had printed out my flyer for the Ladies Ride to Larkspur.  I went to Peet’s and looked at Twitter to learn that the show put on by my artist friends was on 24th at Folsom.  I took Van Ness the whole way there.

I had wine and met my artist friends.  His were prints and hers were cut paper.  I met their friends as well—his brother, his wife and several ladies that knew the other artist.  I handed out at least ten flyers.  I met two ladies that indicated that they were interested.  I went to the Pizza Shop and the liquor store for a small bottle.

I rode Shotwell to 19th and I discovered my front light was dead.  I went to Duboce Park for Bike Party and focused on handing out flyers to ladies.  I interacted with a few guys and made it clear to everyone that men are welcome.  One girl made a facetious comment that the ride was sexist.  I passed out 30 flyers.

I gave a few to my friends.  I met some new people and my buddy wanted to know where I was because he was late.  We went up Scott and then to Page. We then went over to Civic Center and up Turk.  The first stop was at Alamo Square and I had to climb Steiner and didn’t use the stairs.

At the top I passed out another 30 flyers.  I caught up with my buddy and he told a story about being detained for kicking a car.  I introduced him to the people.  I met a guy I had met when we had gone riding in lieu of the canceled January Bike Party.  We then rode to Clay and up to Inspiration Point.  On the way I interacted with some people I had met at my first Bike Party.

I saw talked to people about the flyers there and solicited their advice on the size of the ride.  I met a friend of my buddy and my buddy was put off by something I said.  I had to explain geography to people again.  We rode to 15th and up to the Conservatory.  There I said bye to my buddy and was asleep around 12.

On the day that I wrote this I was up at around 530 and again at 9.  However, it wasn’t until later at around 11 that I went to Four Barrel.  I talked to a guy about his Chrome Dahon.  I then went to Pedal Rev for a new seat.  I climbed to Central then and had very little trouble with traffic.  My barista friend was there.  She said she no longer had a bike because she had moved to Portola and needed a car to get everywhere.  I told her I would give her a flyer when I had a chance anyway.  I read the paper and made comments to Twitter about hikers in Marin.  I posted a link to my blog.

I rode home and at the Polo Fields I had a problem with a BMW.  I took a picture of the car and the driver wasn’t pleased.  At home mom and dad had passed out on account of the air in the house.  I opened the windows and went to my room.  Mom went for a walk.  I started working on my notes then

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment