Monday, March 2, 2015

A Bentley Up Broadway

On the fourteenth of February I wrote that the day before I had left at around 530 and caught a 48 to the top of the hill and then left my bike at Glen Park Station.  I went to the banks then and got a sandwich at the supermarket.  I then went to the local French restaurant and had a drink.  I made a valentines reservation and interacted with the clientele.

When my friend arrived he too got a sandwich and we rode my bikes to his house to drop his bag and took the train to Mac.  I tweeted about how novel it was that both of my bikes were on the train at once.  At Mac we raced to Mosswood to catch the ride but it was already gone.  I fell off of my bike then and was in a lot of pain as we were chased by a Bentley up Broadway to 27th and on to Grand.  The ride regrouped for a party at San Antonio.

We interacted with the regulars there.  We also went down to International Bl to get beers.  The ride was moving then and we traveled through what I think is the coolest and possibly one of the most dangerous parts of Oakland to Fruitvale.  After that we went on to Union Point Park where four of us did catch up.  We saw a couple of people on the way out.

The ride took us to Lake Merritt and we cut out and boarded a train.  There was a lady with a giant cello on the train.  I took the bikes at Embarcadero and said bye to my buddy on the train.  I then left the Surly at the bike station and re-boarded BART to Civic Center station.

On the morning of the day that I wrote this I met friends at Magnolia.  The food was good and the company was great.  We walked to Held Over and then to Relic.  I tried on a lot of clothes.  The guy at Relic is a broker in the area and was also at the Tweed Ride.  After going to a bunch of stores my friends and I went to People’s for coffee.

I left them at the Panhandle and inadvertently I spent about an hour near the Conservatory of Flowers where someone had parked his truck right in the middle of the bike lane.  I canvassed cyclists and called the city about it.  Another guy did too.  I found some cones to place in the right locations to keep people from parking there again.

I stopped at Swell on the way home and then at home I continued with the social media campaign to get people to stop parking there.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment