Monday, March 9, 2015

FT until the Chronicle

I wrote that my older sister and mom were on their way to the Imitation Game but I decided that I didn’t want to go with them.  I tried to use the scanner instead but discovered that it wasn’t working.  I did a lot of CD ripping.  I noted that there seemed to be a lot of CDs missing from my collection—something surprising.  I took an N to Cole and ate at Padrecito.  I had some tequila that was new to me and a Modelo Negro with my meal.  I went to bed at like 10.

The next day I was up around 5 and went to Java Beach and read the FT until the Chronicle came and was back home around 9.  Mom was on her way out with my sister at that point for her first bought of radiation therapy.  I noted that it was nice that my sister was around.  I noted that it was clear that she relies upon mom emotionally because of the way that she has started to be around a lot.

I noted that the clock seemed to be ticking for mom and that chemo was looking to be inevitable.  She said she was waiting on a clinical trial where she had a 25% chance of being accepted.  However, this would take time—something she had little of.  Also I noted there was no guarantee of the therapy working.

I started cleaning the bathroom and note that dad had finished preparing the stew for mom.  I realized later that I wouldn’t be around for dinner since I had to pick up the bike and go to the happy hour.  I told mom when she got back.  I was running out of time around then so I simply quit the bathroom and grabbed a pannier, lock and lights on my way to the 48.

The bus ride was boring and I realized I had forgotten my notebook.  It took almost an hour to get to S Van Ness.  I walked to Pedal Revolution and they let me test out my new bike but I had some needs for it and had to wait.  In the meantime I had them install some other things.  I then left for South Park.  I saw a cyclist friend on Folsom.

I got to South Park and locked up.  I was greeted by the hostess.  My friend from my old job was there and her coworker showed up right behind her.  She and I stood together eating quesadillas while talking to environmental planners.  I sat with her coworker for a bit and discovered that a friend of a friend that I had just met had attended.

That was when the car free tech workers I knew came in.  They were there to see our mutual acquaintance from the Twitter-sphere but it seemed they were there for the GIS thing.  I was looking at my bike when I saw them and suggested they attend the CFHH in a week.  I also said bye to the hostess because she was leaving.  When I returned upstairs there were fewer people.  I got to play catch up with a friend from the MTA.  I ended up talking to the main organizer for the event and my friend of a friend.  At the end of the event the organizer suggested I email him about teaching a lesson in one of his classes.

We quit and I got my bike.  I walked with the last of the guests to Howard and then split for the Riptide in the Sunset to meet my sister.  I discovered that I had forgotten my card on Irving but as I was late I had to forget about it for a bit.  When I got to my destination I was surprised to discover that a family friend was just leaving my sister.  I called the brewery and found my card and we sat and listened to Karaoke.  I had a bit to eat after we walked home and I was asleep at around 12.

On the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at 10.  My friend had let me know that she had a busy day coming up.  I read the paper in the dining room while my sister and mom talked about the bible.  Dad and I talked about an apartment in a quadplex near Hayes and Laguna for 4000.  Mom and my sister went to Laurel Village and I did laundry.  She had cleaned up so I had to be diligent when I had lunch.  I sat with her for a bit when they got back.

They left later with my younger sister to see a friend’s newborn baby.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment