Friday, March 6, 2015

We Settled on Shotwells

I wrote that I went home past the Arguello location in the park and noted that the cones I had placed in no parking zones had been moved back to the gardening locations they had come from.  At Swell they told me to look on EBay for a new frame.  Mom let me know that I didn’t need to drive her around and so I got to work on cleaning my room.

I was cleaning the walls when I was reminded of my conversation the night before.  I vacuumed and dusted and eventually had my computer up and running and my friend sent me a message saying to stop by her offices at 415.  I quickly attended to the form I needed to fill out for a recruiter and then rode to Irving and then Page.  I avoided most of the issues that that route springs on me except at Market and 14th I jumped to the front of the line.

I was early.  I saw a lot of people I had met over the past few months.  Two of us went over to Trick Dog but we settled on Shotwells.  We talked about spring training and minor leagues.  We talked about when to incorporate.  My friend’s coworker suggested that incorporation should only happen when a person is organizing an LLC to book profits or as a non-profit to accept donations.  He also indicated that one might instead decide to get insurance when there is are patented or copy-writable materials.  He said there was no need for the added scrutiny and that a even a business license wasn’t even necessary.  We had another beer then and we talked about work.  I had recently been accepted for a new job and told them about it.  They discussed their specific work stuff.  We went to one of the nearby shops and then back to my friend’s work site to get the bikes.  I saw some more friends on the way out and noted that one of them was operating a grinder.

We went to my friend’s brother in law and sister’s place and we learned that she was moving.  We stopped by the store and when we got back we had cheese and crackers and held the baby.  Another guest showed up around then.  She had moved to the east bay and was into climbing.  I spoke to her about her brother who I had met recently.  We had dinner.  I made tea and my friend did the dishes.  The cookies were good.  We said goodbye and rode to my friend’s place and she discussed her trip to SLO in the morning with her roommates.

On the morning that I wrote this I was up at 615 but I stayed in bed until later.  I rode to Central and did my writing.  I thought that Critical Mass was later but when I got home I found out this was not true.  I discovered also that I had missed an appointment with the EDD.  I noted that I might have a beer later with a friend.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment