Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Town When People Leave

On the twenty-sixth of November I wrote that I rode to PHill and was a little worried about my tire but it was ok.  I missed my train.  I didn’t know what to do when I boarded the next one but in the end I settled on Sycamore.  I sat next to the waitress that worked there.  She was from Iowa and was clearly disinterested in talking to me.  I went to the Uptown and my friend the bartender was playing pool with the bar-back.  They sat down with me and Gustavo. We talked about things.  I noted that I didn’t remember half of it.  We went outside for a bit and talked about the town when people leave.  When we sat back down a regular had come in and we toasted Thanksgiving.  I ended up buying my friend drinks.  There was a lady sitting across from us with some people we knew.  My buddy and I talked to her for a bit but I eventually rode the BART and L home.  My friend in North Beach sent me a few texts and I was in bed at 12.

On the morning I wrote this I woke up at 630 and took the 715 train and went to Powell.  I noted the lack of rushing commuters.  I took the bike up the canal and saw a river otter.  Later at work I noticed that I had missed a call from a recruiter Shrader when I went to the deli and got coffee.  So I called her back and she set up an appointment with a company boss.  This was great news.  I consulted with a coworker in the same unit and she said she almost got the job but for the pretest.  I went to make my bike work better then and then to the gas station.  The guy there was not nice but the fix it shop next door was fine.  I had a bagel and read the news.  I came back to the office and called animal control and they said it was fine that an otter would be in the canal.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment