Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Swim to Calmer Waters…

On December twenty-second I noted that the day before I had finished writing and then rode to Page Street and then to Irving.  I got home around 4 and then sat looking at posts and social media.  My brother and his wife came in then and I suggested I go with them to my younger sister’s.  I think I got my laundry out.  I noted that we talked about the family.  I had been looking at the newspaper and mom came out to suggest family stuff with my brother and sisters.  Everyone but dad liked the suggestion.  Joe seemed to think that mom had more say and I pointed this out to dad.

I noted that my sister-in-law needed to get a taco because she thought that dinner would not be what she needed.  I told her why I hated the lady at the taqueria and went to the grocery store when she went in and I learned later that she didn’t like my comment.  When I returned to the car I had to ask why they were laughing.  Apparently my sister-in-law had told the lady what I said and when my brother came in it looked like he had said it.

We went to dinner at my younger sister’s place and my brother-in-law thought I was being rude.  I talked to him downstairs and then we looked at my niece’s toys and I asked her to put her doll in various poses and she had a lot of trouble because of the doll’s shape and the house’s dimensions.  My nephew and my brother meanwhile played games and I told my sister about seeing an ex-girlfriend on the street.  I wanted to give some of her stuff back to her but couldn’t bring myself to do so.  I told my brother-in-law seeing his buddies—my HS classmates at the Phily Club.

At dinner we made jokes my brother-in-law’s nickname and he said that my grandfather’s portrait was spooky and he wanted to take it down.  I gave my brother a nickname too.  I noted that my niece didn’t believe that she was a screamer.  She wanted to play with a toy with us but my nephew kept ruining it.  I tried to stop him so he hit me and his mother made him apologize.  I left with the parents and watched TV until my brother and his wife went to bed.

On the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at 3 but went back to bed.  I had a dream where I was standing in a rock strewn, sparsely forested and angled taiga with a number of other people standing up to my knees in flowing water.  I noted that there was no dry land anywhere nearby—just forest immersed in mountain runoff.  I was just staring at it in amazement noting that some upstream areas seemed to have more flow than others.  That was when we saw a giant rush of water coming.  I was picked up and swept downstream.  As I moved along I tried to swim to calmer waters…

I awoke about 5 and lay there.  My sister-in-law got me up around 630 and I left right after that.  I rode my bike to Central and had a coffee and then missed the train at Civic.  When I made it to PHill I raced a lady from the train on the canal.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment