Saturday, January 17, 2015

Bartender Was Not Nice

On the twenty-second of November I wrote that I left the office and rode the canal and went to PHill.  The train took a long time.  I got off at 16th.  I saw a coworker and her date.  I went to the Sycamore and had some sliders.  The bartender was not nice.  I went through the internet and then went to the Uptown.  I took the seat next to my friend the bartender who was off but a lady quickly came in and took him away.  I noted later that at one point there were two other people in the bar with my name.  Later a bartender’s husband came in and I learned it was his birthday.  I left feeling dejected.  I noted that I had no facility for drawing people in.  I rode up Page on the Wiggle.  I noted that I had an easy time.  I posted and went to bed at 11.

I woke up at 630 the day that I wrote this and walked in the rain to 46th and then took the 18.  I went to Java and got coffee and couldn’t find a Chronicle so got a NYT.  I read and tweeted stories in my feed.  I posted a lot to FB.  One or two got a lot of action.  I noted that I went home and coded my notes for the rest of the day.  I cleaned and did laundry.  I ate the food I had left and the went back to coding.  Dad gave everyone a fruit basket for Thanksgiving and asked me what I wanted.

The dryer wasn’t working so dad put everything on the line.  My buddy sent me a podcast about Interstellar, which we had just seen together.  I had listened to a Joe Jackson interview.  I listened to Peel Sessions.  I spent all of my time breaking paragraphs into sentences with 6 columns.  There was an index and I used another to reorder the items.  I noted that mom and dad had gone someplace and then I left too.I rode to Momi Toby and texted a friend.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment