Friday, January 30, 2015

She was Clearly Not

On the twenty-eighth of December I wrote that I woke up in Fairfax around 8 and left an hour later.  I got passed by several cyclists on Olema as I rode to the pipeline trail.  It was easy but muddy in a bunch of places.  I noticed that the locations where I had to get off the bike weren’t the places where there was a lot of mud.  I got to the top in a half an hour and then descended to Woodacre.  I then went to the end of the valley and looked around.  I only went as far as my iPod cache allowed.  I returned to San Geronimo and then went to the general store and watched the local kids get hot chocolates and spoke to an old timer about the local terrain over coffee.

My college buddy had sent me a message about his arrival in SF and we made plans.  I returned to Fairfax in about an hour and headed to the Larkspur Landing where I looked at twitter at Starbucks.  I read the paper on the boat and stopped at Peets at the Ferry building to use the wifi.  I left my bike at the station and met my college buddy and then he and I went to Perry’s.  I had a sandwich while he played catch up with his old roommate from Humboldt.  I got to meet her friends—they had all gone to my high school.  One was a volleyball player, another had dated a high school class mate and I didn’t really get to meet the last lady.

The group went to the water front and we drank bubbly wine and my college buddy had a friend show up.  He was a bartender on Polk Street.  Two of the girls had left.  Then we went to a bar and restaurant nearby and had beers until my college buddy’s relatives showed up.  The bartender friend told us to come to Polk Street later and that was when we headed to the Tunnel Top bar.  I asked one of the girls if she was busy on New Year’s and she was clearly not interested in interacting with me over that but she did asked me about my background.  After this my college buddy’s friend—another lady from my college town—showed up and we headed to Polk.  We had a bunch of drinks there and there was tons of food.  I decided to leave around then.  I walked to Embarcadero and barely had time to board the train to Civic Center with my bike.  I rode home via Page and was in bed at 130.

At 930 in the morning I sent a message to a lady I knew and at 1230 was up and on my bike enroot to Java beach.  I shared a lot of comics on FB and interacted with the barista and one of my twitter friends about how I was alone in the house for a few days.  I went home and started an email and note taking review.

Later I wrote that my college buddy and I messaged each other and the gilrs from the night before friended me on FB.  I called the parents.  My lady friend and I messaged each other.  I went to Celia’s but they were closed.  I went to Park Chow then and the regular waiter served me and I asked one of the waitresses her name.  Then I went to the Shamrock and sat next to some lady.  My lady friend sent me a message then saying that hang out with her a few days later in the Mission.  I went home and typed.  Later my friend in Marin sent me a message and I wrote notes and watched TV.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment