Friday, January 23, 2015

Book from my Bartender

On the first of December I noted that the day before I had I texted my North Beach friend on the N Judah and she said she was at home.  I was wearing my nicer shoes.  I got off at Montgomery and went to the Bank and caught a 30.  I got off at Green and then went to Tupelo.  They said the birthday girl was at Sodini’s so I went to Bocce—which was empty—when I got back there were a lot of people.  I said happy happy to her and talked to the off duty bartender and waiter for a while.  I talked to the birthday gilrs best friend also.  I bought a book from my bartender friend.  There were a lot of people I barely knew.  One was a local bouncer or bartender and the other was a bouncer and bon vivant.  I stood outside with a bunch of them.  A guy I knew from the old days wasn’t around and the birthday girls besty noted that he might have wanted to be around.  One of the band players that I knew would have been there but I pretty much left right when the owner of the last owner of the North End showed up.  The birthday girl and her besty gave a bit of and intro but he remembered me.  I said thanks to everyone and left.  My North Beach friend wasn’t all that happy with me when I texted later.

I caught a 45 to Powell and took the N home.  When some guy started acting odd on the train I took that as my cue to start talking to the girls behind me.  That turned out to be a great idea.  They appreciated me and I got to show them my bartender friend’s book.  I went home and watched TV with mom and then went to bed at around 12.  I woke up at 3 again freaking out about my future.  Later I was up at 545 and left at 630.  I went to Central for coffee and made it to Civic just fine.  I noted that I wanted to stop eating pastries.  I took the normal train and considered my interview.  I had to check the date and the email.  I took the bike to the office


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment