Sunday, January 25, 2015

Friends in The Foyer

I wrote that I left work at 345 and headed to PHill on the bus.  I got off at 12th and waited at the Marriott.  I was alone for a bit but some people talked to me at the bar.  I went to the station and met my buddy and her coworker.  We took an Uber to a company Christmas party at the Air Base.  My friend and I hung out in the tower and then chatted with her friends in the Foyer.  I ate their food and had jello shots.  I listened to my friend talk about each person and when her sister arrived most of the party went into watch her “retrospective.”  In time that ended and got a ride to BART.  We went to the Residence.

The next morning I had breakfast with her on 19th and visited thrift town and goodwill.  I tried on some pants.  The selection was poor.  She at one point realized that it was a fruitless endeavor so we went to four barrel.  I went home after that and communicated with a couple of friends in the process.  At home I tidied and typed and posted and sent the Emperor’s Campaign event to the list serves.  After that I ate at the Gyro place on 9th and Lincoln while looking for my buddy but he never came by so went to Opera Plaza dropped the bike off and walked to the Nite Cap.

I waited a bit until my friend showed up.  The bartender bought us a drink and I got a text from my buddy saying he would meet me later.  We went across the street to a party then and I met a bunch of people.  Then my friend and I tried to catch a bus but took a cab instead.  My buddy was already at the Bottom of the Hill waiting for us when we arrived.  We talked to people and my friend’s coworker was playing.  I got home really late that night.

In the morning I noted that was only slightly hung over.  I had gone to Java Beach and read the paper.  At home I started in on my normal steps for a Sunday but eventually realized the Emperor’s bridge thing was at 3 so I went quickly to catch the event.  I rode through the Park and up Webster.  I saw a lot of Motorcycle cops but never found out why.

At Union Square I parked my bike and went and found the group.  There was the guy that dresses as the Emperor and a few people from the organization.  They had their wives with them and many board members and onlookers.  We walked to the House of Shields and on the way I saw a person I followed on Twitter.  When we arrived there were photos and also a character named the Countess.  We then went inside and had a special cocktail called the Boothby.  I met the steampunk people and upstairs met the other board members during the toast.

I noted that I finally got to meet a guy I had seen a lot on Twitter but had never met.  He was a board member.  I noted that some friends showed up later and so did a new person that I friended on Facebook.  I went to the Plaza Hotel then and checked social media.  Then I rode my bike to the Embarcadero and went to 9th on the N.  On the way home I had dinner at Park Chow.  At home my mother asked me about the coming weeks.  I saw the Family Guy Christmas episode where Brian stops being dead.

I noted that the day that I wrote this I was up at 610 and did my thing.  My umbrella almost broke while walking to the bus.  At Powell I got coffee and a paper and at PHill I took the 7 to Safeway and bought a new Umbrella and coffee.  I talked to the barrista and walked to work.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment