Thursday, January 29, 2015

It’s Christmas! It’s Christmas!

On December the twenty-sixth I wrote that I left around 2 and went to Treat to catch a 15.  I got my bike at PHill and dropped it at the Embarcadero.  I helped an elderly couple find their way to the ticket machine.  I took an L to 44th and stopped at Amity Market.  At home it was around 430 and I estimated I would want to leave at 8 for downtown.  Mom was laying down.  I read the magazine and straightened the room.  Mom made an awesome dish with black rice and leftover chicken and I made tacos.  I went back to the computer and changed the NA and then after I helped mom move dad’s Christmas present upstairs I walked to the 18 and saw dad walking to the house.  I took the N to get the bike and then went to the Uptown via BART.

I sat next to one of the regulars and a guy that I have had problems with in the past but I didn’t speak to him.  I had tequila with the proprietors and sat and talked with a regular that I like.  I went home around 12 after she left and climbed up Page street.  Mom came back from singing midnight mass about 115.  She woke me up the next day saying “It’s Christmas!  It’s Christmas!” at around 930.  Dad was yelling at the cable guy and we weren’t very happy with him because he told us to shut up and he didn’t equivocate so I wasn’t nice to him.  Mom got me gloves and my sister gave me a bottle of Dickle.

I was a bit headachey.  I ate all the cinnamon rolls and had coffee with the paper and eventually made it to cleaning the room.  I did laundry and put stuff away.  I knew my college friend would be around but not when.  I had to take a nap.  I found out that Fairfax Inn had a vacancy and let some friends know about my plans.  My engineer friend told me that he was enroot to Seattle.  My friend at the spa wouldn’t answer the phone because she was at the movies.

When the parents got back from church I was in my newly remade bed.  I grabbed the rye and we drove to my younger sister’s.  I had a glass and posted photos of the kids opening presents to Twitter and FB.  I got a scrabble dictionary.  I had to wait for dinner.  When we finally ate it was prime rib and the twice backed potatoes were delicious.  The kids wanted to light candles and deserted the table pretty quick.  We easily found stuff to disagree on and in the midst of the arguments my niece cleared the table and I had coffee and pie.

We played scrabble and dad and my sister were on the same team as her.  Dad quit quick after this and it soon became my sister’s team though she was only “advising” my niece.  I was second in the lineup and mom was next and then my nephew and his pops were last.  They were really competitive with me until I had a break through and they challenged anode.  My niece, who had tried to be independent throughout the game really couldn’t hold up and her mother Nora finished for her.  I drove mom and dad home and learned that mom would likely be going through some hard times in the coming months and that was really upsetting.  I tried to watch TV but ended up just laying in bed for a while because of the coffee.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up around 10 or maybe earlier—I didn’t make note of it—and packed for my bike ride.  I had problems with one of my chain rings and rode to the Starbucks in Sausalito.  I sat next to the old man that is always there and texted some friends.  I called REI about my bike and they couldn’t help me so I went to Mike’s Bikes and they fixed it over two hours.  I got a whole new crank and bracket.  In the meantime I had breakfast.

I texted my buddy near her house and went to the Inn.  I made plans with my college friend there and Mom told me that I would have the hose to myself—she would be back for her test results on the 31st.  I had to stop writing my notes because my friend was waiting for me at the pub.  We had beers while we waited for a table and the waitress comp’d us some more beer when we sat down.  Later we went to Naves and she found some friends to interact with.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment