Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Ladies at the Phily

I wrote that the day before I had left at 440 after work.  I rode the bike to PHill and took the train to Civic and a train to Church.  I went for a slice of Pizza and then to the residence.  I sat down next to two revelers and then I went to talk to the SFTRU organizer.  When I returned some guy sat in my spot.  The organizer had been sitting nearby and a lady I knew that used to work for the Bicycle Coalition was asking for signatures.  I said nice things to her.  I talked to some MTA and activist types then—in fact there were a lot of MTA people.  I also discovered that there were SFTRU board members around then.  We filtered out to catch an L.  I met a some nice people on the ride—new and old.  We took photos on the platform and I talked to people about transit on the train.

At West Portal some new friends and I sat next to some ladies at the Phily club.  I gave them some flyers for the Emperor’s Campaign.  I talked to a man in his 50’s.  He asked about the organization.  He had gone to Urban HS in Divisadero.  The organizer’s beaux introduced me to a person I had met at YPT.  From there we walked to the train and went to Costello’s.  There was Pizza but I didn’t have any.  I went out back and talked to someone.  A retired MTA guy and I talked for a bit but I pointed out that the MTA was a bit to insular for me.  He didn’t like that.  One of my twitter friends came in then and I talked to him and one of the activist types.  I won the raffle and became a member.

We walked to the Riptide.  I had a slice of pizza and went in to have a last beer.  Jessica and I talked for a second but not much.  I noted that she and Brendan have much the same attitude towards me.  I said by to my new friends and I followed my twitter friend to the Boba place.  I went home.  He said the Embarcadero meeting showed that parking was a low priority.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment