Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Film Maker Friend

I wrote that the day before I had kicked off CA and left the office around 415.  I caught a train to Embarcadero and went upstairs to a bar to watch Huddy.  He was doing alright.  I read the paper and finished my beer and got my bike.  I rode to Townsend and then took Division to the street food spot.  I locked up and saw City Hall and Coalition staffers I knew as I was entering.  I settled on lil Burma and grabbed a beer.  I sat down with the Women+Bikes group and got to know two of the ladies there.  My friend came in and we talked to a Coalition intern who had made a movie for the previous event.  There were a few staffers there.  I went to get beer a couple of times and ended up talking to one of the participants a bit.  She was from NY.  When I sat back down the game was heating up and a couple of the attendees, such as my film maker friend, left.  The organizer eventually started taking the banners down.  I saw a fellow Coalition volunteer.

I was intensely watching the game by now and noted that Huddie had come out to pitch.  There had been another pitcher before they brought Bumgarner in.  The establishment was crazy.  The Coalition organizer gave up right at the end of the eighth inning to leave and I collected about three Twitter accounts from the other participants.  It was just then that Blanco fumbled were really tense.  Bum won the game for us.  I said bye to everyone and then my friend and I left for the Uptown.  I saw a girl with a cool Dahon and another friend that had a nice foldie.  There was also a lady I remembered from butter lap.  One of the bartenders and I talked about the Eagle tavern.  My friend and I watched the news coverage from the game.  There was chaos at the ball park and in the Mission District.  My friend left and eventually I took the wiggle home. 

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment