Saturday, January 24, 2015

Saw That Same Book

I wrote that on Friday I took the bus to PHill with a law student from work.  I got my bike and skipped a train.  I dropped the bike at Embarcadero, mentioned the protests on Manhattan Bridge to people in the elevator and left the bike and stuff in the locker.  I went to 16th, got cash and went to the Uptown.  I saw some regulars.  I spoke to a guy and my friend came in looking pissed.  However, after I bought him a shot he softened up.

I got a text from my twitter friend and met him at a gallery near Mission Playground.  We saw our riding buddy and then went to the Chrome store and ate their free food.  Our riding buddy ditched and we went to the taxidermy shop for more art.  Later I went to Sycamore alone and saw a Bike Party friend and then on the way to Uptown I saw my buddy leaving with his wife.  I also saw a former Java Beach barrista from Idaho.  I told her that I had wanted to interact with her.  Her old boss came in and took her to a table then.  She had been working for him too apparently.  I spent the rest of the night talking to some jerk.  I took the N home.

A lady friend texted the morning and we agreed to meet on Valencia.  I was on the train an hour later and made it to her place at 10.  We went to Four Barrel and about her job.  Later we walked further down Valencia to Sycamore ally and up San Carlos.  We saw her friend’s old house and we talked about dancing the Tango.  We looked at architecture and saw an old car.  We walked to Shotwell and looked at buildings.  When we got to Pedal Revolution is wasn’t opened yet so we went to a garden nearby.  Then we walked up Folsom and down 24th.  We went to Haus because Phill’s was full.  I was talking too much.  When she asked me about my family the girl sitting next to me–she was reading “the world is round” or something— noticed.  We walked next door to the bookstore then and saw that same book.  We also saw the “book art” on the walls there, ceramics from the same artist and PK Dick books.

We sat at the Park down the street then and talked about her cat and roommates.  We looked at the serpent at the park and then walked to Balmy to see the murals—passing Precita Eyes on the way.  We saw some corporate art in there.  There was also a hand puppet scrawled on a wall—it had teeth.  There were two ladies of Guadalupe on the walls.  We saw some birds and she was excited.  I showed her the trees at Garfield.  She said she used to work at a tree factory.  We looked at some mushrooms on our way to Chavez.

We took the stairs above Precita to avoid her old bosses house on our way up Bernal Heights.  She told me that she goes running there.  I pointed out the house that my little brother used to live in.  Then we took Victoria up to Pinhole and had some super good tarts.  I got to know her friend, the owner, they had previously worked together.  We met another old coworker that owned a bike shop nearby, which we then visited.  Then we walked to the novelty shop and were about to look at other stuff when I suggested going to the Lucky Horseshoe.

We drank Rye there and talked about the bartender.  I kept calling the songs.  Even the bartender couldn’t identify some of them.  She kept ignoring us.  I noted that she was a bit young.  She had a bunch of friends there and one of them was clearly flirting with her.  We left then and walked up Cortland to the edge of the neighborhood and then I tried to find Faith Street.  She kept pointing things out on Cortland and loved the views, parks and stairs.  She saw her running partner’s house and at Faith I showed her the overpass.  There was a river of congestion below us.

We walked to Chavez and she told me that some called the bridges there the hairball.  We crossed the bridge and took Hampshire and 26th looking at the local architecture.  On our way to Roosevelt we saw her old boss in his car there.  She had been there before and we both noted the salsa was spicy.  We ordered the same beer—she drank it out of a glass.  She kept offering me the portion she couldn’t eat but I had had enough.  We walked to the bank down Folsom and I joked that I had planned all of the coincidences on our walk.  We went to the Latin America Club.  The bartender was interesting.  We went to Thieves on 14th and I saw a bike partier on Valencia.  I went to bed early.

On the day that I wrote this I was up at 945 and left for Java Beach.  My father followed me to the gate for some reason.  I got a paper on Judah and I caught a glimpse of someone I knew as I walked to the coffee shop.  I got a banana, a coffee, read the paper, tweeted and posted a Dilbert to FB.  I sent a text to a friend about lesbians and by the time the barista I knew had gotten on shift to work I was on my back home.  I got to work looking at my notes and sent an email to myself at work.  Then I walked back to the N because I needed to get my notebook from the bike locker at Embacadero.  My friend sent me a message about seeing Interstellar at the Kabuki.  I thought about going with him and even missed a train speculating.  I got off at Ninth and sat eating and writing until about 8.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment