Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Especially Low

On November sixth I wrote that the day before I had left at 430 and caught the train to 16th.  I was feeling especially low when I got off.  I was thinking about girls and institutions.  They all seemed to be passing me by.  I noted that I was constantly telling myself that I “am not allowed” to do things.  I entered Zeitgeist and ordered a meal.  I got a drink and an ex officio organizer for Sunday Streets was getting a pitcher.  We talked about the group in the East Bay she was starting for open street events.  I sat down with some guys.  One worked for AQMD and Walk SF and we discussed GIS and utilities.  Another grew up in the Bay Area but had just returned from 12 years in DC.  We talked about a coalition staffer.  The third guy was a Transit Riders Union board member and had worked for MTA for years.  I had met him at the Streetsblog happy hour with Nathan from the Sewer ride.  We talked about critical mass and raining children.  I was sitting at next to a sales woman I knew then.  She told me that bike partiers were dating.  The organizer and I spoke and eventually I sat next to a professor from City College.  We discussed my work client, City College and Geography.  I met an editor from the no defunct Bay Guardian—which blew me away.  The geography professor and he had a friend who asked me to introduce myself.  That was awkward.  There were a bunch of regulars there too.  I left around nine and felt good about the interaction.  The geography professor acknowledged me.  I took the N home and posted.  I was asleep at 9 and woke up twice thinking it was time to get up.

On the day that I wrote this I was up at 640 and caught everything just fine.  I rode to the office.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment