Thursday, January 22, 2015

Me From Across Columbus

On the twenty-ninth of November I wrote that I was getting ready to leave work when I called Best Buy.  They had me sign on to MS and send an email and said it would be two hours.  I rode down the canal to PHill and took the train to Civic.  I rode up McAllister then to the store and got the computer.  I took Masonic to the Panhandle and went through the park.  I set up and then talked to mom.  I did a bit of review and then went to Geary and had sushi.  Then I was on Washington and Divis when I got pulled over by cops for running stop signs.  I had stopped to let them catch up because there was no use in running.  They ran my card and I told them about seeing friends in North Beach, the High School I went to and my family.  I didn’t get a ticket and walked to Washington.

I descended from Alta Plaza to Polk and had a drink at the Buc and then at Kelly’s.  I then went to Visuvio and John didn’t charge me.  As I was leaving my friend from high school yelled at me from across Columbus.  I met her at Specs and I sat with her five friends while she schmoozed with the rest of the bar.  Her boss was there and stayed when the others left.  We ended up talking at length with some magician guy.  After this my high school friend rounded up a coupld of local bar tenders and we went to her place.

She insisted that I was hitting on her boss and that turned out to be a good idea.  Her boss didn’t seem to be against this idea.  However, she fell asleep on the couch about an hour later, so I went out on the back steps with the other three.  The interaction was fun but I was tired so eventually I had to leave—especially after the roommate complained.  I was home at 530 and my friend texted me a weird message.

I was up at 930 and 11 the next day but went back to sleep.  By 4 barely had enough time to prepare for Thanksgiving before the kids showed up.  The run up to eating was a 49ers game and then it was food and conversation.  In time it was playing with the kids and we played Scrabble too.  I talked to my sister and her husband about the reunion and job stuff.  The kids really enjoyed Scrabble but the game had ruined the timing.  When they left I watched TV and was in bed at 12.

The day before I wrote this I was up at 930 and left immediately for the Bridge to Marin.  I went to Sausalito and sent a message to a friend from the reunion.  She said she was working all day so I rode slow to San Anselmo and had coffee there.  However, she was still busy so I checked the schedule.  That turned out to be a good idea because of the day’s shortened schedule.  On the way to the ferry I looked at the bike path to the Civic Center and wandered around San Rafael.  I had corn nuts and V8 on the boat.

At Embarcadero I noticed that it was Critical Mass and decided to stay.  I had some curry from the crepery and then met up with bike partiers I knew.  We left right after the Ferguson rally and met up with them at Union Square.  We turned around but ended up going down Market Street and up Leavenworth and managed to help the protest out.  We went up Polk and then through the tunnel and ended up at Powell and North Point.  One of my friends and I ditched and went to the Buc.  We chatted with a lady and her dog Bullit.  When she left we talked to the bartender.  I had talked a lot about women and cycling.  It started to mist so I jetted and said bye.  The ride was a little wet but was mostly dry.  I watched TV until late and saw Venture Brothers.

On the day that I wrote this I was up at 930 and went to Taraval and West Portal and had a (good) haircut.  I then read the paper at Peet’s and took the train home.  I had expected rain all day but that didn’t happen until around 7.  I did laundry and updated my notes.  I worked on the paper and also ate turkey and listened to Social Network.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment