Saturday, January 3, 2015

Aliens from Sesame Street

On the morning of November third I left work on the Friday before and went to PHill.  I brought the bike up to the platform with no trouble.  I rode to Civic with no trouble either.  I had anticipated going to any number of locations that afternoon but simply decided to eat at Park Chow on Market and let it go.  I wanted their wifi.  I had a sandwich and communicated with friends.  I already knew that one person wasn’t coming to my friends’ party but it turned out that one of my closest friends wasn’t interested either.  I went to Safeway to get some cranberry juice and then took Church through Dolores Park and through the right of way.  I had to contact the hostess a few times to check on directions.  It turned out that they were on 22nd at the top of the hill rather than 22nd.

When I got there that guy I had met at their BBQ was handing out candy and the host let me put my bike in the back.  I made myself a vodka cranberry and chatted with the people.  I had trouble remembering everyone but my friend was there with his wife.  There was one lady I knew there with her date and everyone was in a costume.  There were a number of Bike Party people.  I watched a lot of Nightmare before Christmas and listened to a bunch of eighties goth music.  I made FB friends with the hostess’ old coworker.  One of my bike party friends was dressed as a test dummy and another couple dressed up as those strange aliens from Sesame Street.  There were like eight Indian’s there—all of whom I introduced myself to but whose names I can no longer remember.

There were a couple of people with whom I really got a long but I don’t remember them either.  At one point I spoke on the phone with my non biking friend.  She was headed to the Make Out Room.  I didn’t see her because the party lasted until 1 about.  I think that I am missing a bunch of stuff but essentially I rode over Twin Peaks after checking on her.  I got home around 2.

I woke up the next day at 10 and 11 a bit hung over.  I went to Java Beach at 12 and sat there reading until around 130.  I went home then and started editing/cleaning.  I made the bed, organized my desk and cleaned.  At some point my close friend texted me about the party.  I told him it was fun.  I didn’t convey to him my displeasure over his calling off because I thought that would have been unfair.  I sent a message to my friend from twitter.  I asked her out and she demurred but then offered me something else.  I emailed her then with an article from Cycling and Society.  I also sent a bcc to her when I emailed my close friend about Everett Rogers.  I started to work on my notes at some point on Saturday.  I had dinner with the parents around 6.  It was late when I gave up—almost 9.  I got on my bike and rode to the Richmond, Pacific Heights and through the tunnel to Visuvio.  There I noted that a bartender from the Uptown had taken a new shift.  While I was outside for a moment I got to know a manager from HP.  I walked to Tacolicious and had a baja taco and then walked to Specs.  I had a hard time getting a seat and when I did the same guy came in.  He was a techmanager from Toronto and he was thinking about moving to the Bay Area.  He told me that at my age I should be thinking about children.  I had to try hard to make a pleasant response.  Later we agreed to go on a bike ride.  In the meantime my friend from high school came in and I hung out with her for a bit.  She was with a group that included her coworker from her new job.  That became boring really quickly.  I rode through the tunnel and over the hills home.  I got to bed at like 2.

On Sunday, I received a message from my twitter friend about her bike ride to the Sunset.  She had gone to Pots and then to Grand View.  It was such an odd message because she didn’t really reply to my message.  I got up and went to Java Beach.  While there I randomly met one of my older brother’s college friends.  She was headed to San Ramon with her family.  I told her about our lives and then when she left I finished my newspaper and went home.  There I went through the rest of my house work and then got to the paper.  I was transcribing the paper to excel so that I could code and reorganized it.  I did that until late.  I also trolled the internet and interacted with several people about bumping into my brother’s friend.  In time I had dinner with the parents and then I made some more work on the notes.  I watched Rick and Morty until it was time for bed.

On the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at 630 and left without my notebook.  I rode to the park and then to Civic where I got coffee and then I skipped to the Concord train and went to PHill.  I saw a guy I knew from the Coalition at the station and then went to work.

I spent a lot of time thinking about my Twitter friend.  I can’t stand this because it is always the same with each lady that I am interested in.  I also don’t like the way that I have these feelings and then, when I want to express them, I always end up getting shut down and frustrated.  In every example of this it isn’t the girl’s fault—it can’t be—she is generally just reacting to the situation.  I am constantly reminding myself that this is my struggle and it is my responsibility to come up with some kind of way forward.  I sent her a message asking her about her morning and she responded pretty quick saying it wasn’t stellar because of the deficit from the weekend.  I told her that I had a high opinion of her—I wonder when I send her stuff like this if it is too much but I know that it isn’t.  I actually know that she likes it or at least understands the source to it.

Later I went and spoke to one of my classmates and we talked about her time in the Western Addition and the Castro for Halloween.  I went to get coffee.  My doubts about my twitter friend returned then.  This is a terrible problem I think.

I made funny comments with the lady at the deli.  She increasingly doesn’t enjoy my personality.  I came back to the office with my struggle.



This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment