Wednesday, January 14, 2015

An 880 Ramp

I wrote that on the Friday before I had left the job after realizing that making a fix would take to long.  I rode through the dark, caught a train to 19th and met a Bike Party friend at the lost and found.  I had a meal with him then.  The place was cool.  I had pulled pork.  We rode to the bank and then down to 12th.  I was looking for a liquor store.  I found my group after getting a beer.  We rode over to Alameda and pretty much rolled all the way around the island.  There were a couple intersections I couldn’t remember.  A friend and I rode the southern waterfront and I didn’t make any new friends.  On the way through the town center I rode with another one of the guys.  We went to the navy base.

There were cops everywhere.  One of the guys told me that he sold shoes for a living.  He also did a-sit in at Outsidelands.  Another couple of friends came by and I noted that there were a lot of teenagers.  We left after a bit and went through the base and then up Pacific.  A girl was right behind me when I stopped and she bumped into me.  I was with my shoe salesman friend for a while and we interacted with a lot of ladies.  We got to Park and returned to the Bridge.  There were SUVs that seemed to be part of the ride.  We turned on to some street.  I saw a Miata stuck on railroad tracks.  We rode under an 880 ramp and ended up at the bay side park we often go to.  I looked around and decided not to linger.  I said bye to the shoe salesman and my buddy messaged me to say he left.  I saw some MTA people.  I rode with some guy to Park and then saw the girl that bumped me.  In the station I waved at her from across the tracks.  I talked to a Bike Partier on the platform.  I got off at Civic and climbed up page and home.

Next day I went to Java Beach around 9 and read the paper.  I tweeted etc.  It wasn’t a notable experience.  I went home and posted notes and did email.  Eventually I was able to get to the work I needed to do.  I remembered to take the GIS exam.  That took nearly two hours.  I made plans to see Interstellar with my friend.  Another friend told me he was at the Shamrock so I finished up writing in my paper and went to see him.  The bartender was busy but I eventually got a drink.  We talked about the weekend.  I left for the Kabuki then.  I locked up and got seats.  I had to trade with someone but it was okay.  I got a drink and my friend showed up (late).  I was surprised at her hair but should have remembered.  We had missed a little but it was alright.  The best way to understand a movie is through the flaws.

When the movie ended we went to Festa.  Te was there.  There were a couple of great singers.  I met one of them.  My friend and I talked about relationships and it was hard to get her off of that topic.  We walked to her house and I went home via Page Street.  There were two trucks parked in the way and like six people in the street.  The driver of one of them was a little aggressive and kept calling me Pierce.  I was asleep at 3.

I was up at nine the next day and mom mended a jacket from dad’s closet for me.  I rode to Irving and looked through Goodwill and then went to Hugo for coffee.  None of the vintage shops on Haight were open.  I got to Patricia’s Green for the Tweed Ride just fine.  I texted a twitter friend.  She was interested in looking but wasn’t in time to see us leave.  I took a lot of pictures.  The boss at Public had given us a bunch of drinks and apparently 80 people were on the ride.  We went to Embarcadero first and had refreshments at the Bocce Ball courts.  I was suddenly worried about the bikes so I sat near them.  I tweeted photos to all the right people.  I rode to see a friend from Bike Party on her turn and then ahead to mine. The group ended up at a garden party on Treat.  I got to know everyone then.  One girl had a Rivendell.  Another was very nicely dressed.  I talked to the guy with the tricycle from Century—I had met him through an old girlfriend but he didn’t remember me.  Two guys in full tweed were finalists but a guy in an equestrian outfit won.  We went to Southern Pacific Brewery and I had a sandwich with my Bike Party friends and the organizers.  A guy from Alta Planning was there with us.  He and his friends were from the City.  I got to say bye to one lady that I liked when we all left.

I went to the Brainwash and tweeted.  My twitter friend was entering the Valet when I arrived for Winterfest.  I signed in and met her again inside.  She was with her friends from SF2G.  We had food and got beers.  I was with her for a while but she drifted away.  I got into talking with one of her SF2G friends.  We got beers and my twitter friend had moved into orbit with a man I didn’t know.  Eventually old friends showed up and I watched Leah’s farewell together.  I looked at things and hung out with Bike Party people.  I noted that one of my friends had been there but left.  I hung out with a lot of people from Bike Party and Tweed.  I spent the last 20 minutes dancing and taking photos.  I talked to the original ED for the Coalition and a guy I would regularly ride to work with on BART on the way out.  I saw a lot of people I knew at the Valet.  I rode home and went straight to bed.

On the morning of the day that I wrote this I took the 48 to the Dentist and got four fillings.  Two hours later I was riding down Page Street to Civic and went straight onto the train.  I finished writing as I pulled into PHill.

Later that day I noted that I had gone to Starbucks.  Later I arrived at 11 and immediately started working.  By around 12 I had had another coffee.  I worked for a while and discovered that my lip was bleeding on the way to lunch but it was okay.  The numbness had worn off by then.  In the meantime a Tweed Rider had friended me and then I had a hard time thinking about my twitter friend.  I noted that I was contrite in my refusal to share my feelings with her and that my struggle would never resolve itself.  I noted that I was most concerned with the fact that if I never tell her about it then she would never know.

I noted later that I had interacted with coworkers about the GIS thing at UCB.  I had yet to sign up.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment