Wednesday, January 28, 2015

No One Noticed

On December 23rd I wrote that the day before I wanted to go eat near Heather Farm but when I got to the turn I just kept going until I arrived at Starbucks at PHill.  Later I boarded a train to Powel, caught a 16x and had lunch at Park Chow.  I had called mom bout dinner and the parents were going to leave early so I would have to go with my older sister.  I saw a story in the NYT while eating and since there wasn’t any wifi I had to go to the Shamrock and post the story for a friend in St Paul to read.

I was late then so I went and bought a card for mom and then sent her a message saying I was on my way but she had already left.  At home I started to get ready and sent a message to my older sister.  In the middle of this my buddy from HS sent me a message and I thought it was my sister.  My HS friend and I interacted for a while as my sister brought her boyfriend, her daughter and I to the Cliff House.  Mom and dad were waiting.  I ordered a drink and then we sat down to order.  I sat across from my little sister and her husband.  We discussed my older brother and my love life.  I had the fish and chips and my little sister had something nice.  I remember I wanted her chicken and her husband’s steak.  When I was finished eating I sat with the kids for a bit and then next to my older sister.  We had desert and then we started home.  My older sister wanted to meet later but I had to go to work.  At home I tried to watch TV but gave up and went to bed.  However I awoke at 230 and had to drink a bottle of bubbly water.

On the day that I wrote this I was up at 830 and took the N to Powell.  I got a newspaper and had to wait a long time for a cup of coffee.  The train was boring as hell and I rode to the office thinking that someone would notice I was super late.  No one noticed.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment