Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Sat with Transportation Personalities

On June fourth I took the VTA to CT and BART at 430.  Some lady asked how to get on BART.  She clearly had gone to Silicon Valley from 4th and King but lived in Berkeley.  I assumed that she worked downtown and had had a meeting.

I got off at 16th and went to Pica Pica.  They had had a power failure or connection problems and could not give change.  I took my meal to Zeitgeist and sat with transportation personalities.  I ate my meal across from a planner from Caltrans.  He was probably a good person to know but I needed to ask a guy from CalBike some stuff so went to his table.  He and a lady from CTA were talking about the Mission Moratorium.  Later they started talking about SFPark people.  One was good friends with the SFPark crew but they were still critical of them.  I noted a few people leaving.

One, a professor, who had also been arguing about the moratorium, came by then but he had started a new conversation about the SFTRU’s policy statement on Leap.  Meanwhile, I had been speaking with an engineer came about the bridge path.  Eventually I was finally able to ask the guy I had met about bike paths but he knew nothing.  We talked at length about MHL instead.

Later a community organizer form Polk Street sat next to me at this point and she engaged the people about the Moratorium.  We asked her about her local politicians and she called the incumbent coachable.  Others like her challenger.  She and I talked about nefarious downtown politics then but I soon left.

I walked to Safeway and at Divis I walked again, this time on the phone with my friend.  She was on her way to Golden Gate Heights and said she would text me.  I rode home then and ended up talking to mom in that professorial manner that I am always so apprehensive about.  I spent an hour tweeting and watched TV before going to bed.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at 730 and took the 48 to 21st and rode to Ambrosia.  I crossed 19th again and took BART to CT where I caught a local and headed to work.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment