Friday, June 26, 2015

Black Lives Matter Rally

I wrote that I got off of work at 430 possibly.  I had lost my iPod but the receptionist had it.  I took the shuttle to MV and went to the beer store and the falafel shop before boarding CT.  I met a guy on BART.  After I got the bike at DC there was a medical emergency on the next car so I had to take the next train.  During the trip to Oakland I learned that my friend would be in Alameda that night so I made plans to interact with her later.

At Mosswood I interacted with a guy my old job.  I also met the BBQ guy before running into my riding partner.  The ride went through Piedmont and I rode with a fellow partier all the way to Lake Merritt.  The ride ran in to a Black Lives Matter rally and there were a lot of cops.  However, I think they didn’t know how to react to the bike party.

I hung out with my riding partner and then the ride left Merritt.  I was interacting with a guy about handle bars and with another partier was nearby.  There was a lady that was chasing two cyclists and I went in front of her to slow her down.  She tapped my back wheel and I went down.  I left my bike there and she was yelling at me from inside her car.  A lot of people were crowding around us.  She got out and made a lot of accusations.

I asked her for her insurance and she said she was calling the cops.  I noted that no cops showed up though.  I asked but forgot her name.  I was alright and a brief check of my bike revealed the same for it.  There had been a lot of men around initially but later there were a lot of women standing nearby.  They were especially forthcoming towards me and one even gave me her card.

I noticed that several people described the incident as though I had caused it.  The driver said I was doing it in an underhanded way.  The ladies said that I had precipitated the interaction and my perception was that I had to slow down the lady to stop her.  My partier friend and I talked about it after I had ridden away.  He said I had been calm and collected.  He said the lady shouldn’t’ be allowed to drive.  I told him I didn’t believe it would have been a good idea to escalate the incident.  On a personal level I believed I had been successful at stopping the lady.

My friend had texted after I interacted with the sweep and I said bye to others.  I found my friend inside 12th Street Station and told her about the incident and we talked about it.  At Civic Center we stopped by Beerhall.  She gave me a good talking to about being safer on the street my accident during Bike Party.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this we woke up at 10 and had food at my friend’s house.  I ground the coffee.  We ruined my cup with bad milk.  I had some of hers with my eggs.  Afterwards I went to the store and when I got back I watched her clean for a bit and interacted with her roommate.  On the way home later I was supposed to drop a bottle off at Magnolia but I went to Swell instead.  At home I talked to the parents about my sister’s wedding.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment