Thursday, June 11, 2015

Left a Bike Behind

On the twenty-ninth of May I wrote that the day I wrote that I had left the office the day before and took the bike to DC.  I took some extra time in the Grove.  At home dad had made steak and mom had gotten better but she was still coughing.  Dad asked me to drive his car home from the station when he left it on his way to LA.

I went down and posted then and even got to printing out the professor’s email but I didn’t send it to him.  I went upstairs to watch TV instead.  Eventually a friend texted to say that I should me to go to bed.

I had a dream before waking that I had been wandering around a block in a market or festival with two bikes.  I bumped into my old classmate from college, an artist, and left a bike behind.  I went around the block and when I returned it had been stripped.  The other one was stolen while I was looking at the first and then I went looking for it to no avail.

I was up at 750 and went to catch a 48 but it was too late.  The 28 dropped me at DC BART ten minutes late for the train I wanted.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment