Monday, July 27, 2015

Waiting at The Parklet

On the seventeenth of July I wrote that I gave up on trying to write and caught a shuttle to MV.  I made it home with no problems.  I noted that the ride up Font is likely the best way to get to BART.  At home I got into my post and the class stuff.  I gave up pretty quickly though.  I was off on my own when I discovered that my phone was on mute.  My friend had arrived to meet me early.  I didn’t rush but was concerned about having left her.

She was waiting at the parklet when I arrived.  We went into Thai Cottage and had a delicious meal.  It took some time to catch up with each other.  I knew instinctively not to talk too much about specific things but still needed clarification.  We talked about her trip to Vegas and it was clear that she had family concerns.  We talked about Friday and eventually we left and got the bikes.  We had some things to sort out but we were able to get through that.  I spent the evening moving my folders around and realized that I needed to get to class stuff a bit late and was asleep at 1130.

On the morning of the day that I wrote this I slept in and left around 7.  I got to the Mill at 745 and spent an hour there with my friend.  I noted that she wasn’t interested in going to Ikea with me.  We revisited our discussion from the day before and discussed our different takes on criticism.  It was clear that we agreed that criticism was not exactly desirable but differed on how to cope with it.  She asked me about Saturday.  I noted that these interactions are clearly central.

We walked to Alamo Square and I said bye.  I had to cut some corners on my ride to Caltrain.  I was not proud of myself for some of it.  I was able to drop my bike off at the bike shop and even get a paper in my rush.  I texted my friend Charlie and she said she was glad.  I was totally tired until Redwood City.  Later I took the shuttle.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment