Tuesday, July 21, 2015

At the Presidio Contraflow

On the eleventh of July I wrote that I left work at 5 and took the shuttle to MV and got a falafel wrap and a few beers.  I took the CT to DC and grabbed the bike.  My riding partner had told me the meet up location and my buddy said he was on his way.  I went to the Plough.

At the station I took a photo and saw an old friend.  I followed my friends a bit and we went to a park in West Oakland.  I met a guy named from Concord and hung out with the people I usually see.  I tweeted to my bike fashion friend and noted that the Bespoke group had done the previous East Bay Tweed.

While we were heading to Downtown I interacted with a Bike Party leader.  He insisted that I be more of an entrepreneur but wasn’t interested in anything I said or did.  His friend was the same.  We headed towards Fruitvale but ended up under the freeway near Laney College.  I found only half of the people I had seen at the earlier stop.  I saw the crepe guy but didn’t have any money.  I caught a train home and was in bed at 1.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I got some tweets back from people and went to Java Beach.  My friend had tweeted stuff to the 3D printing guys.  I went home and started writing because I wanted to see a well-known advocate talk at Velo Rouge.

I wrote later that I made it three minutes late but it was alright because the guy went on to talk for twenty more minutes.  I got a coffee and a pastry.  I was surprised to see an acquaintance was there.  We rode to Euclid where the advocate showed us the new bike lane.  Then we went to Clement to look at a parklet.  I interacted with a bunch of people that worked at MTA.  I gave a flyer to a passerby who knew the speaker.

We rode to Lake to see the first bike lane in SF.  I interacted with some car free people I knew.  Then we rode to 15th to look at the Presidio contraflow.  I talked to one of the few people in the group that didn’t work for the MTA.  We said bye to some people after we looked at the roundabout at 23rd and climbed to Fulton.  After that we made a couple of stops on Balboa and then to Sutro Heights to look at the view.

We finished the ride at the Chalet.  There was a pretty big crowd but it was alright.  I was home around 630 and when I got there I decided to get ready to meet a pianist I knew at Amsterdam. 

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment