Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Trans March For Pride

On the twenty-seventh of June I wrote that I was nervous about not catching up with my friend so I rushed.  I interacted with her on the VTA and CT.  We made plans to interact after I got my bike at DC BART.  I waited for her at Civic Center while watching the Trans March For Pride pass.  We rode eighth to Mariposa and over to Indiana and 22nd.

We arrived just as everyone did.  The host greeted us and we met the cats—two Scottish folds and another.  One was a real acrobat.  The host had three cupboards of whisky and we got to try a lot.  His wife helps him with his habit—they said that they like the Japanese stuff.  My friend had given him some Intelligentsia coffee.

When we realized it was late we went to the Smokestack.  My buddy had asked what we were up to but was on his way home.  We ordered great BBQ and had a good time.  The group agreed that my friend and I would go on a bike ride just the two of us on the fourth.

The men got to know each other on the way back to the house and the visitors said bye to the host and rode over Mississippi to 17th and I yelled at the bouncer at the Uptown.  My friend and I said bye to the others at Mission.  I was asleep at 1130.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at 830 and went to Arlequin.  I interacted with my friend about my experience in Hayes Valley over croissant sandwiches.  There were birds.  We finished and walked to Blue Bottle talking about identity.  I met her friend and then we walked to the green and looked at the Burning Man sculpture.  We walked to the cat’s house and and I looked at finances.  She called her mom for a recipe and we went to the market.

Later we had drinks and she made food.  The cat and I watched the birds and I ordered a room in Napa.  We did other stuff and then got together and headed to the bikes.  We climbed to Page and walked at Divis.  At Alvord Lake we reported a chop shop to the Park Police in person and then rode Irving to my house.  My friend was really tired and so took a nap while I was writing.  Mom and dad were preparing to accept guests for dad’s birthday when my sister’s family showed up.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment