Monday, July 13, 2015

Talk Smack on Neighborhoods

I wrote that I left the office easily and was sad about having deleted a database that I had been using.  At the VTA I texted my sister, mom and my friend.  At MV I boarded and called her too but she was packing.  The train left me at Mib and I hadn’t noticed that my friend had asked if I wanted her to bring her lock so I was too late.  She did say she bought a food for us.  I got the bike and on the way to the Ferry Building I saw Sev in the station.

When I found her she was in line for the boat.  We boarded and the attendants told us to place the bikes in a low spot so I bungeed them in.  We had bubble water and she said that she had had a hard time packing but took a nap and was better.  She made good with her connections after that and then met me.

She was mesmerized by the view of Mare Island.  The bikes were cruddy when we got off.  I didn’t realize that Vallejo was so hilly.  We crossed the tracks at Kentucky.  On Colusa and Amador she said don’t talk smack on neighborhoods when you are visiting.  The ride through the rest of Vallejo saw some really squeaky breaks and a lot of compliments for my companion’s outfit.

I called the hotel at Safeway in American Canyon.  Later we had to get on the highway and eventually we took a side rode called Kelley past giant wine storage areas and back to the highway and then on to the 221 where we had to cut over to the college.  My friend was really impressed by the sunset there.  We followed the train tracks then and that was not worth it.

We found the hotel just fine and then went to a restaurant and watched jazz.  The meal was delicious.  We went to two bars then and had Fernet.  The second—Henry’s—was a lot better.  I was in bed around 1100.  In the morning of the day I wrote this my friend and I had wanted to go Model Bakery but met at Public Market where a smoker was getting everything sooty.  We wrote up plans to take Big Ranch to visit Odette Winery on Silverado Trail.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment