Wednesday, July 29, 2015

His Powder Blue Bike

On the twentieth of July I noted that dad had given me another Giants ticket and that there had been discussion of my brother and sister-in-law staying in my room for the weekend.  I noted too that I had quit typing and had gone up to see the parents.  Dad was asleep at the dinner table and mom was in the back.  I then started tidying up the room.  I contacted my friend while I was scrubbing and we agreed to meet.  I made a mess of my iPod.  I got a call from my brother and we discussed the room and he said that he would bring me his powder blue bike.

I went back up to see the parents before going and found that they had traded places but that the dishes still needed washing.  Mom said that dad would do them the next day.  I rode to Irving and asked my friend if she would do stuff.  I went to Wells at 9th and continued on pretty quickly afterwards.  Her roommate went away.  We did a few things.  We drank water—it was really hot.  I was asleep at 1130.

I awoke at 530 but didn’t get out of bed until 715.  I did stuff by myself to leave.  I had interacted with my friend who noted that she had already begun work but we had breakfast a bit later.  I got to 16th with just enough time to get the Mib train.  I was bummed I couldn’t drop the bike.  In fact there wasn’t even any parking at Mib.  I took the limited because the bullet was late.  I sat across from a fidgety Stanford student.  The shuttle had to wait at MV and then I dropped the bike off in the cage.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment