Monday, July 6, 2015

I Pronounced My Name

On the twenty-sixth of June I wrote that I left at 530 and called my friend and learned that she was going meet her old coffee customers at Farmer John’s.  She said she would order for me.  A student from when I was a lab tech texted to say that he was down from Santa Rosa but it turned out we weren’t going to hang out.  I stopped to update my bike storage and made it to Powell at 715.

I helped my friend with her meal while I interacted with her old customer’s wife and sister-in-law.  It turned out after a short moment that they were in my brother and sister’s grade school classes.  We had discovered this when we asked about teach other’s backgrounds.  They didn’t recognize me at first because of the way that I pronounced my name.

The rest of the meal went well.  The ladies were very nice and lovely.  When we left I complemented them and said I would contact my sister.  My friend and I walked to the Beresford Arms and she told me about her career.  We sat and had a drink at the White Horse.  I was awkward around the bartender while we discussed a potential Pinnacles trip.  My friend also said I was going with her to a whisky thing.  I talked about the mid Aughties.  We caught a 38 when the 3 didn’t come and walked Laguna to where she was cat sitting.  I was asleep at around ten.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I left at around 610 and went to Starbucks.  After that I caught a train to Mib, CT and the MV Shuttle.  I interacted with my sister on the trip and put the ladies in touch with one another when I got in.  I called my friend about her bike.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment