Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Guy had a Banjo

On the nineteenth of July I wrote that I quit working on the Friday before and had to attend the monthly mixer, which was also a farewell party.  The director showed up and then I sat down to listen to the speeches and the toast.  Later I noted that the shuttle wasn’t leaving yet so I took the VTA to CT and was texting my friend.  We agreed to talk around 8.  I got the bike at 4K and rode to the Ferry Building and tried to find my Snelle on line but gave up and boarded the train to Mac.

When I got to Mac I tried to stop by Bespoke but the proprietor wasn’t there so I rode the rest of the way down 40th to Ikea and found my chair.  I interacted with my friend and she said I wanted to get her a couple of frames.  I crammed everything plus some mirrors into my bike and headed back to Mac.  I got off at Civic and then went to Duboce and Valencia.

There I found my friend were watching Amy Schumer on Youtube with her roommate.  We had some drinks and then talked about the window.  That went on for about an hour.  We went to Chow and beer.

On Saturday I was slow to get up around 10.  My friend asked me to meet her sister about her new bike and my mom was going to the Park for Flower Piano. I ended up having coffee with the girls.  We talk about a contractor photoshoot and the new bike.  When I left I had a shitty interaction with a driver at Haight and Scott.  I then dropped my phone.  At the Botanical Garden there was no bike parking.  Mom had waited for me at the store but I was late so I had to find her at the fountain.  We went to the Redwood Grove then and I found out mom could see Eric the next day.

Mom and I saw some rack-a-billy guys singing stuff for an hour and then I went and found my friend after she rode up to the Bandshell.  She had had some trouble navigating to the garden but thankfully the parking situation had improved.  We went in and watched some amateurs play some really good stuff and I had to find mom some water.  Later we walked to the front of the garden and then to the tea shop on Lincoln.  There we had a good time and conversation.  Eventually we decided to go.  We got the bikes and walked mom to Saint Anne’s and dad picked her up with my Ikea stuff.

My friend had expressed interest in going to contra-dancing on 43rd but when we said bye to the parents we decided to just get her a new dress instead of going to her house to get ready.  I got a hat and she got a dress and a belt.  I saw that the erhu guy had a banjo while shuttling between Shamrock and Wells later.  Eventually we settled on Fresca for dinner.  However, the food took too long and we decided that we would miss contra-dancing.  In the meantime we had stopped by Le Vid and I discovered that I had left y keys in my bike lock.

We rode to 43rd and peaked in at the dancing.  My friend told me that was enough for the time being so we went to the beach and watched the last of the sunset.  After that we went to my house to rest and eventually watched “To Catch a Thief” by Alfred Hitchcock featuring Cary Grant.  I was asleep at 1130.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at 7 and went to 7-11 for a paper.  Then I went to Java Beach to read with a friend.  We talked about the week she wanted to go to Tango and would work in Alameda staying at her sister’s house Monday.  We had plans to go to the Giants on Saturday.  We looked at the real estate section and watched some drunk guy with his two girlfriends.

When she left I sat with my coffee and the paper.  Mom said that she would leave at 1000 so I went home and had some time in the room with myself.  She and I ended up waiting for 40 minutes before the bus came.  We went to the back of the botanical garden to a gazebo called Zellerbach and my twitter friend was playing piano with a singer.  They sang until 12.  I introduced mom to the people and then mom and I caught a bus home.

I settled into dong work alone then.  I did a mix of activities.  I learned in the meantime that my friend wasn’t going to tango.  I did laundry and typed.  I took the bathroom apart and prepared the job search stuff.  At 6 I sat with my drunk father and mom to eat spaghetti and then I had a conversation with my older brother.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment