Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Not Good at Math

On the twenty-eighth of June I wrote that the day before my friend and I had brought the food upstairs and started the preparations.  I got her out of the kitchen eventually and we had some snacks before dinner started.  Dad had opened presents at this point.   We sat down as my sister set the main dish on the table.  My niece had two dolls set up and the nephew was lying on the floor at some point.  There was wine, beef, salad, potato salad and mashed potatoes.  We talked about raising kids and my siblings. 

Later mom showed my friend and I grandma’s butterflies and then we had cake.  My niece came in and tried the ice-cream but couldn’t eat it.  We retired to the living room.  My brother-in-law and I had been disagreeing on just about everything at this point and I was apprehensive about it.  My niece played the piano and mom helped her with that.  Later she played with math flashcards and insisted that I was not good at math.

My friend was beside herself with excitement.  Mom showed us a family friend’s Christmas Letter and my friend sent it to her old coffee customer.  When the in laws were getting ready to leave I helped them out to the car.  I saw a guy fall off his skateboard and I made certain he was alright.  After that my friend and I said good night to my parents.  I went to my room to get some stuff and then we rode to the Panhandle.  I was in bed at around 1130.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I walked to the Mill through the Square to have pastries with a friend.  We talked about our plans and killed the rest of the weekend.  I met a guy that had worked at Blue Bottle.  My friend got some flowers.  On the way back through the Square house we talked about the upcoming week.  I noted that mom and dad were off to Chicago the coming Tuesday and that I had some stuff on Tuesday.  I noted that we planned on taking a ferry to Vallejo.

Later I helped her tidy the apartment and we got the bikes and laundry.  We went to her house and I left a little later alone for my house.  I took the Wiggle to the park.  The parents were in and my sister came by while I was writing.  Later I went up to eat and then took a nap.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment