Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Up for Three Songs

On the twenty ninth of august I wrote that I caught a VTA after running out.  The ride to DC went well I barely remember the ride down Font or Merced.  I took the opposite way ramp at Sunset and 43rd.  At home I took my time but I knew that my friend would be by soon.  However after being by myself or 35 minutes my blog and Gmail weren’t working.  My friend showed up and I felt pressure to go we discussed how to get dinner.  I started laundry.  We went to Cottage Thai and had the usual.  Then we went to the Episcopal Church, where we paid for contra dancing lessons.  The caller was busy so a volunteer cut in and taught us.  Some guy took my friend aside, and I was assigned a partner.

As the lesson went on more and more people showed up until the evening dancing began and I was able to keep up for three songs.  My partner helped me a lot but at one point my friend and I had trouble keeping up so we took a break.  It was a little wet out.  After that we returned to dance with other people.  There was a break soon after we got back together.  We tried to go to Durty Nelly's but it wasn’t the best.  We went to my place then because of the fog.  At Flanahan’s we got a taste of the Outer Sunset and I went to bad.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at 10 and got out by 11.  I went with a friend to Beachside and we were going to go to Andytown, but they were too busy.  We did see a worker we knew there though.  We then went to my place, got organized and headed out to Golden Gate Park.

We saw my riding partner’s wife in the Panhandle and went to feed a neighbor’s cat.  At my friend's place we tidied and I went whole foods for coffee and I got snacks.  When I got back my friend's acquaintance came over and eventually another acquaintance came by too.  They took some of my friend's hats and gloves and said they would be at the Gatsby Picnic. My riding buddy came by a bit later and we talked until his wife got in.  She and my friend looked at stuff and eventually I tried on my new pants.

We agreed to go to thrift stores then.  First we took the bikes Thrift Town and locked up.  I looked at toys, my friend found a dress for Mom.  We then walked to mission thrift, and that was fun.  I bought a belt and my riding partner a vest.  After that we walked to 17th and said bye.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment