Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Giant Trike

On the twelfth of September I wrote that I took the steps to get to DC buying beer on the way.  I went to Sycamore then.  I ended up boarding BART late then and texted people to see if I could find the place to meet.  I was in West Oakland when one told me to go to Alvarado Park.  The reset weren’t going to Bike Party.  I transferred and saw some girl falling asleep into the aisle on her way home.

I got off at Del Norte and got the directions and headed out passed some low riders on San Pablo on my way down Barrett.  the ride was disorganized I learned later because the green flag was not a good leader.  I ended up meeting the ride in downtown and saw Phoenix.  I also saw an acquaintance and he told me that he had seen our comrade who had been arrested knew then that he was likely doing better than I had estimated.  He and I rode for a while together and some SUV was following us and a giant Trike for a mile honking annoyingly.

I bumped into another acquaintance along the way and we entered Alvarado while I made jokes about going to the wrong park because of the green flag.  My friend texted and later I ended up in a conversation with a lady I knew while listening to music--she was going to a Gals with Gears ride to Marin the next day.  I introduced some people to one another when people I knew appeared.

We headed to San Pablo and we fell into talking with interesting people.  We went through downtown and fell in behind a lady in a striped skirt--a motif that seemed to be ubiquitous that night, which was striking since the theme was “gettin’ rich.”  Motorists in Richmond seemed to enjoy honking when hemmed into traffic. We ended up at the Richmond Marina and I sat and enjoyed myself.

I met some neat people while the fireworks went off and a guy I knew from MTA came up and we talked.  As the party wound down some guy helped me to get to Plaza Station and I crammed into the next rain to Mac with a lot of bikes.  Many many revelers got on in Berkeley making it difficult to transfer.  I kept my friend informed all the way home.  I was alone awake until around 130.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was achy and didn’t want to get up until 1030 but my sister appeared so I went upstairs.  She was having car problems.  We talked about the picnic and eventually I prepared to grab a bus to Java Beach.  On the way out mom told me the belt I had bought her was too small.

I bought a paper on Judah and at Java some people in line told me that the motel next door was famous.  The campers were hogging the wifi at the cafe.  I called Swell then and was glad to be alone getting some air as I walked over.  I looked at panniers and then got the bike.  I talked to my friend on the ride home and texted my sister .  I was pleased be at home alone to do my regular routine until mom showed up at 430 with sweater.  Dad was in an hour later.  I had to get finished quick to make it back to Swell.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment