Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Setting Up Our Picnic

On September 13th, I went to Swell after checking with mom and dad.  The guys had set up a rental with my preferred saddle bag. I was chatting with one when the other left.  I passed him on the road to my friend’s.

She hadn’t arrived when I got there so I got food and returned when she had.  The roommates had just finished eating. I made miso with mushrooms. We sat talking. I wanted to look online work but I knew we needed to make a list for the picnic.  However, my friend had gone to bed. Later I noted that I had given up trying to prepare and was asleep at 11.

I awoke at 6 and started to get ready. I had a special outfit to wear for the Gatsby Picnic. I had predicted I needed to meet my friend at 8:30 and we did, but we hadn’t been careful with our time while we were at 4 Barrel.  We decided to have another coffee and caught the next train at 16th. Many people complimented on our outfits.

We sat with a lot of Raiders Fans and there were a few Giants fans too.  Some ladies at San Leandro Station wanted to take our photo. I took one of my friend before we rode to Victoria Park on Bancroft.  She took one of me there while I caught my breath.  We rode to Dunsmuir then and found a spot in line.  My shoes started to break at that point so I took off to find a store to fix them.  In the meantime the girls showed keep to keep my friend company.

I found a Rite Aide on Estudillo and fixed by shoes. I also bought flip flops.  Back at the Park the girls were sneaking in and setting up our picnic. I met a few more ladies while waiting.  I also noted that a guy from Al’s attire was watching the door. When the doors opened I used my bike to help and later I had to do so again for Mom, and sister.  By the time I was settled it was around 2:30.

We spotted my riding partner on a walk and some new people were with us. I found out I knew his wife’s freidn.  They had a table and some chairs.  My friend’s mom and sister showed up then.  Later we got caught near a beehive in the middle of the greens.  My freind got us some sparkling wine.  After that we went and sat with my friend’s sister and that was when I saw a fashion journalist I knew. There was an awards thing and lots of dancing and an organizer came by to talk to us and promote his afterparty.

Eventually our party all took pictures and traded made plans to see each other.  I then I helped mom and her party go home.  When I got back everyone was leaving. my friend and I went to Foothill and saw a friend.  We hung out with her till her bus came.  Then we tried to ride parallel to Foothill boulevard until it was a bit dark.  We wanted to go to the afterparty but when we got to Dimond we decided to have dinner at a sushi place.  The meal hit the spot we charged my friend’s phone and processed the day.  After that we rode down to Fruitvale Station and and caught the train to Civic Center. We took Market and Valencia and looked at our pictures.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment