Sunday, September 27, 2015

I Didn’t Have Mine

On the eighteenth of September I wrote that I left the day before at 3 and caught a late VTA but still made all my transfers fine.  I got off at Embarcadero and waited at Peet’s until my friend arrived on her ferry.  I opened the gate for her and her bike (I didn’t have mine) and we walked through Bierman Park to the Pyramid for the Emperor Day celebration.

The event went well.  The director was a real preacher and the Emperor did a great job.  There were about 50 people there.  I noted that a Boozeland bartender was there.  I introduced my friend and an architect on the board as we walked to the Comstock.  We chatted until ordering drinks.  I made comments about Car Free Happy Hour to get them acquainted.

There was toasting going on at the other end of the bar so I took my freind over there to introduce her to the director.  They seemed to have enough to talk about.  Later we talked to the other tour guides and paid the Emperor respects before heading over to House of Nanking.  I ordered her the usual and she really enjoyed it.

We walked down Kearney and at one point my friend had to run away from a group of people that she found particularly vexatious.  At Market I boarded an F and she rode her bike only a short distance away.  I engaged the driver and when I got off he noted that she had stayed with us the whole way.  We walked to her house and the roommates were really active.

In the morning I was able to catch the train and transfer fine.  There weren’t a lot of people on the shuttle.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment