Sunday, August 23, 2015

Un-wedged the Couch

On the fifteenth of August I wrote that I left the office at three and took the VTA and was lucky to make my connections.  I had to get the bike at DC and stopped at Wells.  I rode to see a friend at her old work then and saw her old coworkers, friends and family.  I rode a trike and saw others that were going to the dump.  I also talked to a South African industrialist that was working on an interesting project.  Also, one of his friends turned out worked with one of mine.

We said bye then and rode to my friend’s place.  We looked at the couch wedged in the hallway and her roommate had just finished with the kitchen.  I had a hard time with the rice but she helped.  My friend and I made tacos and rushed to do the dishes and tidy up before walking to Gough and Market to buy some sparkling wine.  After that we went to a birthday party.

The place was crowded with programmers and after the host set us up with drinks I went straight to the crackers.  We later got into a conversation with a hairdresser and one of my buddy’s who told us about a mutual acquaintance’s antics.  I ate too many samosas and the hostess opened up a bottle of prosecco and I had to work hard to keep my friend from having any.

We talked to a couple and my friend really clicked with the girlfriend.  I tried the Pimms and talked for a while with my buddy about her boyfriend and parents while the girls got to know each other.  I also learned that the paintings were done by the host’s grandmother.  It was around 12 that we thanked everyone and walked to my friend’s place where we un-wedged the couch.

I couldn’t make the morning work until ten.  I then had pancakes at my friend’s house.  I helped make coffee and the meal was delicious.  Her roommate showed up in the middle and appreciated our efforts with the couch.  We talked about the apartment for a bit but I was concerned about our bike ride.

We quit before finishing up and started up the Wiggle.  Her peddle was clicking a lot and I wanted to get it addressed.  The day was super-hot and smoggy.  Her hat was flipping up and we stopped to pin it.  She left me alone to do that.  We continued to the street closure, past the old hospice on Wedemeyer and up to the top of the ridge on Washington.  My friend was really tired but was still able to pass a bunch of cyclists.

We took photos at the bridge and though some people were rude we had a great ride across and down to Sausalito.  My friend passed and eventually struck up conversation with some of the rude riders too.  There was a dirty parking police man in the center of the town.  Thought we wanted to continue on we stopped at Mike’s Bikes to fill the tires and have some juice.

We continued up bridgeway and started up Horse Hill.  I started calling her “Clicksy” because of her peddle.  We stopped at the top for more juice and then continued.  I wasn’t really worried about the time at that point but was still interested in getting to the Ferry Landing.  I noted too that the descent to Corte Madera is a bit sketch but we managed.

We got to the brewery with an hour and sat down for a refreshments and a sandwich.  They were a bit busy and had run out of stickers.  I started writing there but had to quit because we had to catch the boat.  We went to the Landing and discovered a huge crowd for the Giants game.  However, I discovered that most weren’t waiting for our ferry so it was fine.  We hung the bikes and I finished writing.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment