Sunday, August 2, 2015

Beer in The Observatory

On July twenty-fourth I wrote that I shut the computer down and stopped by to see the boss.  He said it was alright to do something but to talk to someone.  I caught the shuttle and went to Easy Foods for a drink and some Advil.  I took a nap on CT and got the bike all by myself.  At 24th I rode to the lab and an acquaintance and her date led us to City Beer.  I met her coworker.  We then rode to the Exploratorium via a congested Market Street.  We met the group that had arrived by car there.

My friend got our tickets and I saw her buddy and met others.  My acquaintance took us in to see an Exploratorium employee when she took everyone elsewhere my friend and I lingered.  We followed him out to the group again and from there explored until we ended up with a beer in the observatory where we looked at maps and viewed the camera obscura.  Around then I heard from my sister-in-law that they had arrived at the house.

After we looked at the exhibit where we listened to couples arguing, my friend and I grew tired and decided to leave.  I discovered that my light had been stolen.  We rode to the Grove on Mission and 3rd and shared a salad and lasagna.  We didn’t get beer so it was cheap.  We talked about dinner on Friday with her friend from Germany and when to meet for the baseball game.  We rode Market without incident and saw her roommates.  I was in bed around 1130.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was ready to go at 610 and had to stop on the way to get some water.  I dropped the bike at DC and the shuttle almost left three of us.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment