Saturday, August 8, 2015

Shuttle for Red Rock

On the thirty-first of July I wrote that I had already decided to meet my riding partner at Sycamore and so headed in that direction when I left the shuttle for Red Rock and then CT/BART.  I stopped at DC and raced to Sycamore when I had the bike.

My friend was cleaning so I opted not to go to her place when he turned out to be late.  I stopped by Uptown instead and said hi to the regulars and I was alone until my college buddy’s caught me.  I hadn’t seen one of them for a long time.  We talked about stuff and then I my partner and I met for a sandwich.  I told my friend I’d see her when she was done.

He and I went to Oddball to see archived footage of the NY World Fair—they were cheesy.  An hour into that my friend texted to say that she was ready to eat and we went to Ken Ken for Ramen.  We saw the college friends again there and that was really interesting.  When my partner came in we said bye to the guys and then we too left.  I was asleep at around 11.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at around 630 but I was lazy til around nine.  I was at my friend’s house when I made breakfast and did some other stuff.  I was alone in the room tidying for a while.  I noted that I wanted to go to the diagnostics center, pharmacy and shoe store.  I noted also that I wanted to go to the dentist.  Additionally I wanted to work on an application and add it to the bibliography.  I noted too that I wanted to make a short list of applications to make.

I noted later that I finished up at my friend’s and quit.  We cleared up our schedules on the way and said bye.  I rode to the lab but the wait was too long.  I rode to Scott and climbed Page to Kezar and stopped at Wells and the running store.  The sales guy didn’t want me to buy the cross trainers.

I caught a 6 and yelled at a guy while doing so.  I got off at the top and rode to the Noriega clinic.  I then went to Patelco.  I also went to the dentist and made an appointment before riding home.  That was when I started the process of posting and writing.  I stopped for a bit to talk to dad and my friend and I checked in to plan the night.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment