Monday, August 24, 2015

The Market on Grove

On the sixteenth of August I wrote that we took the boat to SF and when we arrived we walked up Market to first and rode the rest of the way.  We noted all the improvements that had been made on Market since the last time we had done the same ride.  I noted that because an acquaintance had opted not to hang out with us my friend and I hung out at her house alone for a bit and then went to Safeway.  It was still really hot but the store was alright.  We planned dinner before returning and I made pasta.  My friend’s roommate showed up a bit later.  I went to sleep around midnight.

I got up at 10 and had breakfast.  At around 1130 my friend and I took Valencia to the end and past Rock Dog.  We then climbed San Jose to find a crew blocking the bike path at just the wrong spot.  My friend had to take a picture.

We took Bosworth to the Excelsior and entered Sunday Streets.  We were just about to go to Cumaica when a couple we knew joined us.  We had a nice conversation over sandwiches, drinks and coffee.  We talked about work and an upcoming event.  I was blown away when my buddy walked in because he had said he was headed to San Diego.

The five of us sat together for the next 40 minutes and when we were done my friend and I moved the bikes across the street and I went and looked at my buddy’s place where he gave me some bike seats.  The five of us met up again and walked the street for another half an hour.  My buddy took off after meeting the couple.  They made a bunch of suggestions to me.  That was around when we all said bye to one another.

My friend and I got the bikes then and took Theresa (which is really steep) to Glen Park.  We opted for the tacos which were ok at best but the place didn’t seem all that clean and the portions were a bit off.  We went to Station then and had a few drinks and reviewed the day.  We talked about the Gatsby picnic and I texted my sister.  The rest of the time it was baseball.

I walked her to BART then and after saying bye caught the 52 because there were other riders getting on the next 44—though I had no evidence of that when I saw the 44 later.  I rode my normal path to Laguna Honda and Taraval until 27th where I contacted my sister about having dinner and the picnic.  We agree to meet on the coming Saturday.

At home I dropped my stuff and spent some time alone before going upstairs to see the parents.  I talked to my friend to confirm things before sharing my sister’s dinner arrangements and then mom showed me the clothes she had.  We had our typical dinner arrangement then and when I was done I went down to type.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment