Thursday, August 20, 2015

Some Kind of Recap

On the eleventh of August I wrote that I had purchased a new notebook and that I would have to do some kind of recap so I went through my notes for the previous two and a half months.

I spent a lot of time looking at my commute.  I was still riding Ulloa home from work in June but one day I had time so tried to use Font.  I found that it was the best route home and never stopped using it.  A few weeks later I even started passing through “the Bulb” at the end of Ocean on the way home and started to ride on the Lake Merced path.

I had spent a lot of time trying to shoehorn my busy schedule.  I also started the changing in my career.  As part of that I met the professor once on West Portal after a haircut to discuss.  Meanwhile, I bought moonshine after work one day and started running in the evenings.

On the weekends I did a bit of traveling.  A friend and I went to Reno for my sister’s wedding.  We also went to Napa and Alameda for the fourth.  I went to reservoir one day when she had gone to Santa Rosa.  I went to car free happy hour and dinner at my friend’s with people all in one night.  I went to the Exploratorium and a couple of days later I went to a party at an acquaintance’s house.  Also, my brother brought me a bike and I also started having trouble with my own.  That all happened when the cyclist crackdown in the Haight had just begun.

I noted that in the week previous to writing this I went to bike party and my friend and I went to Davis the next day.  We saw my cousin and then rode to a friend’s house in Sacramento for a Sunday pool party and that night I had dinner with friends in SF.

The day before I wrote this I left at four in the afternoon and took the VTA to MV early.  I saw a vintage store and got a new notebook.  I went through my commute then and took St. Charles street to Font.  At home I dawdled and then went running.  I went to the store but forgot the kale.  I was alone working when my friend paid me a visit.  Later I made myself dinner and though we wanted to watch Rick and Morty it wasn’t on.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I ran out of the house quick.  I caught the shuttle and started reviewing my notes as soon as I got in.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment