Friday, August 14, 2015

The Shuttle on Castro

On the sixth of August I wrote that I left at four and took the shuttle to MV where I got a paper.  I napped until I got to 16th and walked to ZG for Car Free Happy Hour.  I saw a prominent journalist as I was ordering and sat with him, and two older guys I knew.  Another showed up later. It was just us until an acquaintance of mine came in and but he sat with many others at another table.  Meanwhile the journalist talked about burning his notes in a pyre shaped like a kiosk.  He also talked about the mayor and Willie Brown.

A geography professor I know sat with us and an MTA person I know of was with him.  I talked with my acquaintance as I left and walked to my friend’s house.  Her buddy was there when I arrived and the roommates were in the back.  We chatted for a while and my friend served us.  It was good and I was hungry.  There was dessert too.  When we retired to the living room I started to get tired.  Her buddy made to leave then.  I was in bed early that night.

I had trouble sleeping and got up at 8 because of it.  Made it to BART with enough time and the rest was ok.  I got a paper in Mib and caught the shuttle on Castro because VTA was not there.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment