Sunday, February 1, 2015

Giving Me Mixed Messages

On the thirtieth of December I wrote that I went to PHill and was still really high from the messages I had received since the weekend.  I, of course, was trying to not put a lot of meaning into them but it was a bit like drinking a bunch of alcohol and not knowing I am drunk.  I put the bike away and at Powell the bus wasn’t coming so I crowded into an N and transferred to a 71.  It was freezing out.  I talked to mom in Sonora and got groceries.  I made tacos at home and sent my sister and friend messages.  My friend was apparently going on a date and so I told her about my lady friend.  I posted and watched TV and then went to bed.

I was up at 730 on the day that I wrote this and was on the bus at 8.  I took the train to PHill and reflected on the fact that my contract had ended.  I rode to work past some older riders.  The trail was a mess from the wind.  Later, at lunch, I noted that I rode to Daphne’s but they had gone out of business.  I went to Sweet Affair instead.  I interacted with my old coworker who invited me to girlfriend’s Party.  I ate a pastrami sandwich and went to Peets battling the crazy wind.  I interacted with twitter people and noted that my friend in Oregon had commented on something so I posted the image that I had received from the weekend to Twitter and FB.  Then I shared it with a bunch of people from college and a bunch of people liked it.

I noted then that the lady I had been talking to about New Year’s had already made plans for Wednesday and didn’t extend an invitation to me and I was upset about that.  I noted that I would have to go to the party alone.  I also noted that she really was just giving me mixed messages.  So I simply gave up on her and the idea of having a date.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment