Saturday, February 28, 2015

Allowing Them to Pass

On February 10th I wrote that I went to Four Barrel with a friend and then climbed up Page.  The road was unbelievably crowded.  Some guy ran me off the road saying to share.  That made me really angry.  A passenger in a car behind me tried to mock me for my misfortune and a lady on Irving was following too close.  I detained both of them and then made a big production of allowing them to pass.

At home I wound down.  I still had the angry words of the first incident in my mind but the unpacking made it fade a little.  I found the pre-employment emails just like I thought I would and completed them.  I had to email my recruiter a few times and he had called my references—according to my old coworker who had texted me.  By the mid-afternoon I was typing out the NA.  My friends asked me to join them at the Latin American Club but after thinking about my state of mind I declined.

I noted that I interacted with my mom and younger sister.  Mom had made a request for someone to accompany her to a show on Valentine’s Day and I asked her about it but decided that the timeline was unworkable.  I spent the rest of the evening watching TV and as I was falling asleep I learned that my friend hadn’t responded to my messages because her roomies had been entertaining her.

The day that I wrote this I was up at 930 and went to Java Beach to read the paper.  I recounted to my friend via text message how I had succeeded through various means at instructing my father to take my mother to the show she wanted to attend on Valentine’s Day.  I went home then and finished all of my paper work for the new job.  About 230 I was interacting with my friend about life’s milestones—a conversation that lasted several hours and covered everything from Marriage to pay and future intentions.  I then had a sandwich and started typing again.  I was looking through emails and other stuff.  I had dinner around 630.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment